Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
ASSOCIATE QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) ANALYST
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As the Associate Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst you will plan, document, coordinate, and execute testing for the software applications, databases, systems, and user interfaces that support UCare's business operations. You will be responsible for following applicable standards and defined best practices while working to mitigate risk on changes and projects that support UCare's business requirements, strategic mission, and long-term goals. As an Associate QA Analyst, you will need to possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, the ability to effectively comprehend and apply information from various sources, and clear written and verbal communication skills. In addition, you will have the ability to effectively prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping scheduled commitments and communicating possible issues to the appropriate parties.
• Collaborate with various other internal partners, including business partners, team leads, project leads, business analysts, end users, and third-party contacts to plan, execute, and document testing, - including issues found, - as part of UCare's IT process to ensure good product quality.
• Identify, analyze, and effectively document issues found while testing.
• Work with the applicable stakeholders and subject matter experts to review, prioritize, and address issues found as part of testing.
• Work with project teams and leadership to plan testing strategies and identify scope based on project goals and deadlines.
• Participate in design and requirement reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product design, schedules, or potential risks.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness.
• Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
• Comply with standards and tollgates of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within Information Systems.
• Contribute to, suggest, and implement process improvements that will help accomplish team, department, and business goals. Strive for efficiency, consistency, and effectiveness.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Demonstrated analytical ability and communication experience as part of either higher education and/or prior work experience. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/5/2023