Ecumen Detroit LakesOverview
Full time PM or Overnight shift TMA - Overnight hours include a $2.00/hour differential and $1.00/hour for PMs
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Trained Medication Assistant. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Trained Medication Assistant (TMA) is responsible for providing direct care and medication administration to residents consistent with the individual plan of care and under the direction of licensed staff. The TMA is a Certified Nursing Assistant with additional training in the area of medication administration. Essential job responsibilities include:Administers medications to patients/residents under the direction of a licensed nurse.Documents all medications provided, including correct medication, correct dosage and correct time given to correct residents. Immediately notifies nurse of any medication errors or refusals by resident to take medication. Maintains and controls all medications, keeping medications secure and safe at all times. Follows all state and federal guidelines as it relates to administering, dispensing, storage and disposal of all medications Responds to resident call lights and requests, and notifies nurse of any resident care needs or changes in condition. Observes and reports any unsafe conditions and/or equipment malfunction to management. Performs all Certified Nursing Assistant functions as required (i.e. feeding, lift and transfer, ADL's, etc.). QualificationsTrained Medication AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (currently on NAR Registry in good standing) and successful completion of Trained Medication Assistant course.
- Minimum 1000 working hours as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Basic mathematical skills for counting, distributing, and documenting medications provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Demonstrated customer service and leadership skills while working in a Skilled Nursing Facility (Care Center)
- Previous experience working with seniors.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.