Description: The pay range is $92,000.00 - $165,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN TARGET AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST - DEMAND FORECASTINGAbout us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company, and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech and data company? Absolutely! We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target's Tech and Data Sciences teams are on a mission to offer the systems, tools, and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.About the role:
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Demand Forecasting team with Target Data Sciences, you'll develop models and algorithms for our retail business. You'll work closely with partner team data scientists and Merch business partners to continuously learn more about our business and particularly develop an understanding of the various processes we have in play. You will partner with ML Engineers and Applied Scientists on our partner teams to build solutions for business needs including development, deployment, and maintenance of algorithms and models at scale.
Our team oversees the creation and development of the Demand Forecasting quantitative platform, building the key components which allow us to evaluate the demand and prices of our products and proprietary 'new ventures' products. We aim to develop these tools to be more efficient and precise - while also making them directly available to our business team users, allowing us to quickly respond to our Guests' needs in stores and online.In this role at Target as a Senior Data Scientist, you'll:
What we're looking for:
- Change the way demand forecasting and pricing is originated in retail in Target Data Sciences
- Create our next generation demand and pricing platform at a Fortune 50 company
- Write code for math/stats models to evaluate demand for millions of items and compute prices
- Partner with business users and other scientists / engineers to build a framework allowing us to develop a new platform to more efficiently estimate demand and price on the fly
- Impact our business by improving our ability to serve our Guests and by directly reducing compute cost through more efficient algorithms
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues in our software and the broader infrastructure
- PhD or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or in a related Mathematical or Computational Engineering major (or equivalent research experience)
- 3+ years of experience in building forecasting models, artificial intelligence models, optimization algorithms or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one or more of Python, R, C++, Java, Scala or equivalent programming language
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Understand deep learning, dynamic programming, reinforcement learning or related areas
- Ability to test and measure algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills including specific experience with Statistical Inference, Generalized Linear Models, Markov Decision Processes
- Experience working with large event-driven distributed systems and multi-threaded applications.
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.