Description: The pay range is $83,800.00 - $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the team that brings Target guests their "shopping and saving sidekick" - the guest facing Target Android and iOS shopping app.
As a Senior Android Software Engineer on the Flagship mobile team you will:
• Own development, testing, and quality of new features in collaboration with product and design partners
• Keep abreast of technology trends and advances in mobile and wearable technologies
• Research, evaluate and provide objective feedback on technologies
• Inform innovation design with relevant technology insights
• Develop fully functional prototypes to objectively test against hypotheses
• Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
• Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software design & development
• 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
• Experience developing in Kotlin, including using coroutines
• Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
• Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, REST APIs, etc)
• Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
• Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio and the Android SDK
• Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
• Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
• Experience with Jetpack Compose
• Experience integrating libraries with Gradle and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Retrofit, Moshi, and Epoxy
• Experience with dependency injection frameworks such as Dagger, Hilt, or Anvil
• Experience with instrumented UI testing with Espresso
• Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
• Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.