Location: Fergus Falls, MN (hybrid workdays and flex time eligible)
At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us to serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our employees’ impact can take many forms. The Senior Project Manager will lead the many projects that will ensure OTP meets its mission of providing reliable, low-cost, and environmentally responsible power to its customers.
To achieve that, the Senior Project Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of projects through each phase of the life cycle including the resource planning, budgeting, regular risk analysis and post-completion phases.
- Lead large scale project communications with internal project teams, external stakeholders, and project support.
- Create a culture of safety by overseeing the actions of internal and external resources involved in each project.
- Ensure compliance with all construction and design standards.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are motivated to complete complex projects with many potential variables while aligning with our core values: Integrity, Community, Safety, Resourcefulness, Customer Service and People. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
- There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do, resilient people who demonstrate a passion for leadership and continuous improvement.
- OTP leaders need to have a confident interpersonal, communications and diplomacy skills to effectively manage the various teams involved in projects and to create positive and effective relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic, and self-disciplined.
- A minimum of five years of project management team experience and 5 years’ experience in transmission line and substation construction or commensurate experience. Prefer experience in successfully managing/leading an engaged team.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple (mix of small and large) in various stages of project lifecycle.
- Must possess a strong understanding and application of basic project management tools and techniques including understanding and negotiation of contract terms.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package. Employee Stock Ownership options Retirement Savings Fund with employer match Health insurance plan options
- Training – our average employee spends hours in training and development each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training. Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more! Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though! To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com. We’ll accept applications through September 29, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.