Description: The pay range is $87,900.00 - $158,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality, and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target's resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing
means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we're mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you'll apply your Fabric, Trim and Packaging and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target's owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you'll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers' activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you'll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You'll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you'll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As Senior Manager Business Integration: Apparel and Accessories you are responsible for deepening engagement with the cross functional business teams and business partners in these categories. You will manage responsible sourcing and sustainability business initiatives for your categories, including ensuring proper responsible sourcing oversight and matrix performance improvements. You will collaborate with internal merchant, sourcing, and manufacturing supply chain management teams to understand and align on priorities and goals and engage in matrix and strategic business partner discussions. You will act as a representative of Target and engage with relevant industry and NGO partners to advance responsible sourcing and sustainability (RS&S) initiatives. You will look for opportunities to implement and accelerate the Responsible Sourcing 2025 and Target Forward goals in your respective categories. You will support issue escalation, elevating all major non-compliance issues to Responsible Sourcing, Sourcing and Merchant leaders as necessary. As a senior manager you will act as a mentor to the L5 Business Integration Managers and support a culture of equity and inclusion. You will also collaborate with the RS&S CTV teams on factory improvement and remediation efforts as needed. General Requirements:
- Design, plan and implement initiatives with broad scope using established project management principals
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- Provide proactive sustainability insights to the organization to drive updates to Target's policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 5-10 years of experience
- 4 year degree
- Expert knowledge of global labor, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues
- Proven leadership ability, including team management and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Master's degree
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
The exciting part of retail? It's always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.