DRC has more than thirty years of proven experience creating and supporting software and solutions created for the Educational Technology (Ed Tech), Surveys (Commercial and Government), and Document Services. DRC is committed to providing modern, advanced solutions that create value and drive progress for our customers.
DRC seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented Product Manager to help drive our product design process and partner with our clients to understand their business needs better and turn those into a clear and cohesive vision and strategy. In this role, the Product Manager will be the internal and external advocate for all customer experience products and technology and will focus on designing and introducing new capabilities to advance DRC's customer experience offerings and increase customer confidence in our solutions.
Key activities include high-level requirements gathering and elicitation, solution design, budgeting, staff development, and partnering with various business and technical stakeholders during product development in a fast-paced agile environment. A top-notch Product Manager will have proven experience managing large-scale projects, embraces agile principles, and can provide the product development team with a clear vision, strategy, and direction that leads them down the path of creating solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
- Works with customers to clearly understand business needs and desired outcomes and serve as a customer advocate to product teams.
- Partners with Business Analysts to thoroughly vet and document business and product requirements.
- Consistently examine and communicate the product strategy and vision to key stakeholders to meet their needs, and ensure the product development team gets the direction and support it needs to succeed.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap in partnership with customers and the product development team, and prioritize the backlog to focus on the highest impact work that produces usable functionality for our customers.
- Implement a consistent, repeatable process to gather customer and product development team feedback and adjust product requirements and scope as needed.
- Work with Program Management to stay aligned on scope, timeline, expected deliverables, budget, and to hold customers and developers accountable to agreements.
- Partner with Program Management and Development Leads to establish future release plans aligning with the product strategy and roadmap.
- Facilitate product team discussions in partnership with Business Analysts, asking the appropriate questions to identify gaps, address assumptions, manage risk, reprioritize features, and find creative solutions.
- Demonstrate authentic and value-driven leadership to the product team, modeling accountability, nimbleness, empowerment, quality, innovation, and fun.
Project management certification or comparable certification strongly preferred.
Product ownership or management certification or comparable certification strongly preferred.
Prior product experience in the automotive field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Five + years product management experience with a successful track record of delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to successfully direct the work of others and drive projects to completion.
- Experience in Information Technology and business analysis.
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) desired.
- Strong facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective consulting skills; ability to lead group to creative solutions.
- Experience with change management/release management.
- Proven success working in nimble and occasionally ambiguous environment.
- Highly creative thinker with an agile and growth mindset.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly collaborative.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse population.
- Report to work promptly when scheduled.
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports.
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.