Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AND SALES
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Executive Assistant - Customer Experience and Sales, you will be responsible to provide administrative and project support for the Vice President, Customer Experience and Vice President of Sales. Provide administrative functions and project support for the departments' Directors, Managers, Supervisors and staff as necessary, including Community Relations staff. You will provide backup to the Senior Executive Assistant in the departments overseen by the Executive VP and Chief Growth Officer.
1. Calendar: Manage calendars for EVP/VP/Director/Manager plus any staff as directed by EVP, VP, Director, or Manager. This includes coordinating meetings with internal only or external and internal attendees. Reserve conference rooms; arrange catering and/or beverages as needed. Resolve calendar conflicts proactively and alert receptionist to incoming guests. Work with mail services staff to prepare room setup for meetings.
2. Daily duties: Screen telephone calls as directed. Sort and open EVP/VP/Director and department mail as directed. Prepare letters, memos, documents, presentations, reports and spreadsheets as needed by departments. Perform research and analysis for projects. Perform copying and scanning as requested, working with mail services staff for larger projects. Work with mail services department to ensure employees have mailboxes and that mail services is updated on employee changes or moves.
3. Meetings: Prepare materials and agendas for meetings (department, internal, and external). Attend meetings as directed by EVP/VP/Director and record/transcribe minutes at their discretion. Maintain appropriate filing system for minutes and ensure staff has access to them.
4. Virtual meetings: Schedule Microsoft Teams or Audioconference meetings as directed by EVP/VP or staff.
5. Travel: Arrange airfare, hotel and conference registration for EVP/VP/Director and other staff as directed. Ensure all documentation related to travel is available for both traveler and for expense report purposes.
6. Expenses: Prepare and submit expense reports for EVP/VP/Director and any staff as directed by EVP/VP.
7. Supplies: Maintain supply inventory for department; order items as requested.
8. Records Coordinator Duties: Act as department Records Coordinator to facilitate offsite storage and/or basement storage. Work with Facilities yearly to update records and keep or destroy offsite records.
9. Participate and interact with other Senior Executive and Executive Assistants when scheduling meetings, working to improve efficiencies, learn new processes, and pass information along to other staff members.
10. Assist with community relations activities and events, as needed.
11. Other: Training on systems such as Oracle, Concur, SharePoint, ADP, ServiceNow, Requisition System, Inventoried materials site, contract signing approval process, policy and procedure site.
12. Assist with onboarding new staff in department.
13. Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Assist department staff with all aspects of Member Advisory Committee meetings, including scheduling, tracking attendance, reserving conference room, setting up technology, attending meeting to record minutes, and other duties as requested.
• Assist department staff with UCare Foundation, including assisting with administrative tasks related to corporate sponsorships, scheduling and attending meetings, and other duties as directed by the Foundation Senior Manager.
• Maintain internal SharePoint sites.
• Manage and track a large number of meeting requests for both internal and external customers.
• Assist with logistics for various Sales events, including member retention meetings and sales rep offsite meetings. Duties include preparing materials, securing meeting venues, assisting with catering and AV and other logistics as needed.
• Calendar assistance and other daily duties, e.g, copying, scanning as requested, working with mail services for print jobs and mailings, prepare meeting materials as requested.
• Maintain internal and external SharePoint sites.
• Track sales meetings via CRM grid and update prospect CRM records as needed.
• Provide backup for Sales and Member Operations Specialists and Sales Assistants.
• Ordering of refreshments and payment of invoices for off-site meetings.
• Credit card reconciliation for staff.
• Record keeping for Sales staff licensures.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Completion of 2-year secretarial program or college degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years of administrative experience. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, SharePoint Online, Excel, PowerPoint and online calendar, scheduling and group email systems.
Experience in health care of managed care setting.
Experience working with diverse populations (writing, speaking with, meeting in person).
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/11/2023