Description: The pay range is $67,600.00 - $121,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together. Product Design & Development
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design & Development
team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new ingredients, and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. The exciting part of retail? It's always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.Vision and Analysis
Product & Fragrance Development
- Self-starter that brings together strategic and critical thinking to craft a vision for product that exceeds Guests' expectations through unexpected quality at surprising prices.
- High ability to critically break down market brands, launches and assortments to communicate creatively and clearly "what it means for Target" - visually capturing both an holistic POV + the individual components that comprise its DNA.
- Ability to identify white space opportunity at the brand and category level and create inspirational visual presentations that clearly lay out opportunity and solution
- Ability to present and review work on a regular basis with Director and Sr. Leaders is critical; as well as attendance at development meetings to represent point of view and product as appropriate.
- Be adept at developing and demonstrating a clear point of view/vision for the brand/product along with other Designers & Scientist using strategic initiatives, costing goals, trend ideas, Guest needs/values and market knowledge.
- As a Product Designer, you will partner with fellow Designers, Trend Designer, Scientists, Technical Designers, Industrial Designers, Packaging, Merchants, Sourcing and Vendors to understand the business initiatives, product functional requirements and performance expectations to ensure consistency of product.
- Must exhibit an understanding of divisional strategic initiatives and proactively work to implement supporting product solutions.
- Create and design product through sketches, mood boards, renderings, models and control drawings that meet business strategy.
- Create and design fragrance strategy at a brand and category level through collaboration with Fragrance Houses and communicate that strategy through compelling visuals and descriptions.
- Co-lead Product and Fragrance testing with consumers.
- Collaborate with Merchants, Sourcing and Scientists to ensure formulated and non-formulated product designs are manufacturable and meet set price-points; take part in Cross Functional Team meetings (including Design, Merchants, Sourcing, Packaging and Compliance).
- Keen focus on developing formulated products that meet brand intent for style, quality, performance, value and payoff.
- Must use judgement/discretion to make decisions on product direction and changes or escalate appropriately.
- Clear and timely communication with external partners via timely sample evaluations, understanding current manufacturing processes, innovations limitations and to ensure the brand vision is appropriately understood and executed.
- Target is a Guest led company and the ability to understand the overall Target guest, the core guest within the product/brand/category and how the guest will use the product is key to success.
Formulated categories in scope
- Demonstrate the ability to survey competitive landscape and develop best-in-class products and fragrances.
- Staying on top of the latest beauty and lifestyle trends, finding opportunities for new products, formats and variations and ideas is critical.
- As an integral part of the CFT (Cross Functional Team) you will need to deliver market research - competitor product offerings & positioning to help guide strategy.
- Attendance at conferences, trade shows and training to remain current on industry innovation and regulation climate is expected.
- Haircare and styling
- Personal care
- Oral care
- Hand and body lotion
- Soap - bodywash, hand and sanitizer
- Bath and body
- Light color cosmetics
- Four-year degree in design, fine art or related degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years relevant beauty experience (formulated and non-formulated)
- Technical skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PPT or basic computer design system skills.
- Passionate about the total beauty and personal care industries.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and bringing a clear vision to life
- Demonstrated creative sense and ability including trend/market awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills & ability to lead creative, focused, visual presentations.
- Ability to successfully work and lead others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate business and design details across various department levels.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.