Description: The pay range is $109,000.00 - $196,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Cart and Checkout team, you'll make a big impact as a member of a passionate, supportive, and increasingly diverse group focused on the continued evolution of Target's best-in-class cart and checkout space.
Join us as we shape the future of Target by building engaging experiences that are actively inclusive, fully accessible, and authentically representative of all Target guests.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are and it's why we continue to invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. Our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.About The Team:
The Cart and Checkout team focuses on all aspects of the purchasing experience. This team oversees the cart, product cross-sell features, buy now features, multi-tender options like Apple Pay and PayPal, gift card payments, checkout, and more. The level of detail that the cart and checkout team delivers enables Target's guests to experience fast, easy-to-use, and personalized Target shopping experiences. The cart and checkout team is here to assist our guests at every step of their journey - from the first moment a guest starts checkout, to the moment they see their order confirmation, all while ensuring our guests had a secure and joyful digital experience the entire time.What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and consulting with engineers
- Actively collaborate with other designers and cross-functional partners
- Conduct and participate in user research with direct access to Target's guest users
- Become a subject matter expert in your area
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform and advocate for your direction
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant, and provide value for our guests
- Conduct prototype and validation testing through remote sessions
- Deliver production-ready designs and documentation and consult with engineers to see designs through to implementation
- Utilize and contribute to our enterprise design system
- Set UX strategy and vision for your team
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within and across products
- Guide design process and mentor more junior designers
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
- 5+ years of product design experience preferred, but level of proficiency is more important to us
- Experience designing responsive web applications
- Experience conducting user interviews and usability testing remotely
- Have expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Figma or equivalent)
- Work well independently while being an exceptional collaborator and influencer
- Able to successfully lead projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Able to gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners, and leaders; a storyteller
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.