As a Culinary Director at Ecumen Lakeshore, you will play a pivotal and rewarding role in elevating the dining experience for our residents. Situated on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota, our community comprises 100 independent living and 40 assisted living apartment homes, as well as 20 additional residences dedicated to seniors requiring memory care services. In addition, we provide short-term rehab and post-hospital care private rooms, accommodating up to 60 patients.
Every day, we serve between 400 and 500 meals to our residents In this dynamic environment, you'll lead a team of culinary professionals who share your passion for creating not just meals, but memorable experiences. Your creative vision and culinary expertise will contribute significantly to the overall well-being and satisfaction of our residents, making their stay with us as enjoyable as possible.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThie Culinary Director is responsible for managing the preparation and service of meals, ordering the food, planning menus and supervising staff. Clinical nutrition documentation will be completed per the facility schedule. The Culinary Director is responsible for all aspects of food service and managing the staff.Essential Job Responsibilities:Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.Oversees department staffing including hiring, training and mentoring of dining team members as well as maintaining adequate staffing. Supervises nutrition assessment process and documentation in the resident's medical record. Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using their knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents. Menus are prepared in advance and reviewed by a Registered Dietitian.Guarantees food and supply inventory levels are monitored and oversees the food and supply ordering.Manages the annual budget for the dining department and operates the work area within this budget.Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available. Ensures the staff maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Complies with state and federal rules and regulations, follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility. Other duties as assigned.QualificationsCulinary DirectorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Food Sanitation Certificate
- Current Servsafe Certification or equivalent
- Certified Food Protection Manager or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Registered Dietitian, Licensed in the State of Minnesota
- Food service management experience
- Previous experience in providing food service management in a senior living environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Certified Dietary Manager in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health
- Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.