Ecumen North BranchOverview
Ecumen North Branch is hiring a Cook. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 68 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care.
- Full-Time; 60 hours/pay period
- Mixture of shifts -
- 5:30am to 1:30 pm
- 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Pay Range - $17.35/hr - $18.76/hr depending on experience
- Position works various weekdays, every other weekend & rotating holidays
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Cook is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident's dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.Additional Information:
Essential job responsibilities include:Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.Preps, prepares, cooks and serves meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operates and maintains all equipment in the food preparation area. Reports production shortages/overages to the supervisor immediately. Accurately follows directions and recipes. Ability to convert recipes for various size groups. Follows production guidelines for best product usage, portion control and use of leftovers.Maintains adequate inventory of food and supplies notifying supervisor if they are missing something. Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies. Assists with stock and putting away groceries as directed.Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available. Ensures residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodates resident requests promptly. Demonstrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.QualificationsCookMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Double pay on holidays worked
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Sanitation certification or equivalent
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous senior care experience
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.