Ecumen Pathstone LivingOverview
Ecumen Pathstone is hiring a Physical Therapist. Ecumen Pathstone is a campus community offering comprehensive care services. Ecumen Pathstone consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, adult day services, and independent living. Ecumen also offers homecare, hospice, as well as a supply store- all within the Mankato, MN area.
On Call / PRN / CasualEcumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for providing physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions within professional practices and ethical standards. Essential job responsibilities include:Provide comprehensive assessments and treatment planning to effectively meet patient's goals and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription.Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence. Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants.Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, documenting and evaluating patient's progress; recommends and implements adjustments and modifications.Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.Ensures continuations of therapeutic plan by designing and instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment.Documents patient care services by charting in patient record; provides accurate and detailed record of services rendered for billing purposes.Supervises and develops the physical therapy staff. Maintains professional and technical knowledge.Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.QualificationsPhysical TherapistMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (at minimum) in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience working as a Physical Therapist.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification, or registered as a Physical Therapist in good standing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.