Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
FINANCIAL ANALYST SENIOR - PROVIDER FINANCE
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As a Financial Analyst Senior - Provider Finance, you will be responsible to provide data and analytical support for providers participating in collaborative financial engagement initiatives. In addition, you will be responsible for the creation of provider financial settlement reporting, capitation and care coordination vendor payments, development of provider contract models for negotiations, and meeting with key provider partners to discuss financial performance.
• Generate monthly, quarterly, preliminary, and final provider financial settlement reports, including supporting data and analysis of results. Ensure the accuracy of the results, timeliness of reports, and communicate the results with Provider Relations and Contracting as well as the contracted providers.
• Calculate monthly capitation and care coordination payments to contracted providers and vendors for services. Communicate the results with Provider Relations and Contracting, as well as the contracted providers as needed.
• Provide Provider Relations and Contracting with financial data and models on an ad-hoc basis for physician and facility negotiations.
• Analyze impact to market trends for physician and facility contract negotiations. Provide feedback to Provider Relations and Contracting for assistance in contract negotiations and strategic planning.
• Provide ad hoc analyses to support Provider Relations and Contracting contract proposals and initiatives.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the data structure within UCare provider contracts and relationships of the data in the Health Care Economics analyses environments.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Document financial analysis projects and financial reporting.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
BS/BA with and emphasis in finance/accounting or closely related field. Demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years related experience in finance or accounting. Intermediate abilities with SQL and Excel.
Knowledge of the Managed Care/Health Care industry relating to provider contracts. Prior experience with reporting as it relates to Accountable Care Organizations.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/18/2023