Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Work Location: Office for your Day
As a Health Promotion Program Specialist, you will be responsible to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for designated UCare health promotion member programs. You will work with members, external partners, and customer service teams daily to verify member program eligibility and resolve member and program issues, as well as partner with internal and external stakeholders and vendors for implementation, training, updates, and program communication. You will also be responsible for analyzing and reporting health promotion program trends and outcomes; as well as participating in other member health initiatives.
• Overall program management to include - maintain daily management and operations of Health Promotion programs as assigned by responding to member, customer service, providers and community agency inquiries; sending information to members, providers, and agencies; ensuring and verifying eligibility as needed; registering eligible members for health promotion programs and incentives. Provide ongoing monitoring, evaluation and issue resolution of assigned projects. Develop key objectives, activities, outcomes and process measurement plans. Manage within budget and deliverable dates.
• Serve as the SME for all program operations and member eligibility for Health Promotion programs. Respond to internal and external stakeholders and customer service inquiries in a timely manner to update, train, and communicate Health Promotion programs and benefits.
• Work cross departmentally and in collaboration with teams such as Legal, Configuration & Claims Operations, Product, and others, to ensure contracts, payment, program operations, and work instructions are in place for successful program management.
• Document and maintain Health Promotion Program inventory.
• Perform program analysis and formal write-up to present to internal and external stakeholders on current Health Promotion Programs. Support development of Health Promotion department strategies and reports. Maintain current, accessible and useful methods of documenting and evaluating programs. Compile and prepare reports representing activities, productivity, cost savings and recommendations.
• Participate in projects and/or workgroups, as assigned, to support UCare quality ratings. Manage UCare efforts in preventative health initiatives; including behavior change and preventative quality health improvement goals.
• Collaborate with public health and community organizations on public health and community initiatives.
• Identify potential new prevention initiatives and health promotion programs, primarily the Medicaid and dually eligible Medicare and Medicaid programs. Make recommendations to Marketing leadership on next steps.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health education, Public Health, or Community Health. Demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of experience.
At least two years of experience working in a matrix health delivery setting, such as health department, physician group, nonprofit agency, health plan or community clinic. Administrative and/or project management experience. Experience working with Medicaid populations, child and teen services and/or car seat education. Partner/vendor management experience.
One year experience working with diverse populations such as Somali, Hmong, Latino, or African American. Health prevention program development experience preferred. Master's degree in health education, Public Health or closely related field.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/19/2023