Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/DEVELOPER
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for your Day
As the Learning & Development Instructional Designer/Developer, you will be responsible to recommend, design, develop and implement new live, distance and eLearning strategies. Collaborate with managers, stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gather materials, research and source content. Design and develop learning content and curriculum for eLearning and virtual instructor-led courses and curriculum with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities, revenue and retention. Update and maintain materials.
• Perform gap analysis for current state and future state business and system processes. Identify opportunities or innovations in training delivery. Prioritize the importance of identified gaps and recommend interventions. Document and present the methods, the findings, and the recommendations including number of courses, sequencing of courses, estimated employee training time and evaluation criteria.
• Research content and/or collaborate with internal stakeholders and SMEs to define, document and develop the content sequence.
• Develop solutions (e.g., instructor-led, eLearning, blended approach etc.) that provide relevant, engaging, challenging, and productive learning experiences. Develop necessary course collateral including facilitator and participant materials, presentation media, job aids, and knowledge checks. Finalize materials through reviews, developmental tests, pilots, etc.
• Create engaging eLearning courses applying basic instructional design and graphic design principles.
• Design the evaluation measurement, weighted metrics and steps. Define, document and design the activities, evaluation questions, criteria and methods to achieve agreed upon outcomes.
• Define and maintain standards for design and development process, templates and materials supporting new content and curriculum development, as needed.
• Publish and maintain courses on the Learning Management System (LMS) following standards and guidelines.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree in teaching, business, human resources, or closely related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Certification from talent and training associations highly desired.
Five years' experience creating eLearning and VILT training program development.
Experience working in health insurance or managed care environment. Experience with Cornerstone LMS.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 09/19/2023