Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MBE DATA & REPORTING ANALYST
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Membership Billing & Enrollment (MBE) Data & Reporting Analyst, you will be responsible for compiling, analyzing, and operationalizing data that is used to support daily operations of the MBE department. Deliverables are documentation of current data solutions, investigation of the who/how/what/where/when of current data solutions, recommendations of new modified solutions for data workflows, building of new solutions, and handoff of technology solutions to operations. You will work with current solutions and processes that include MS Excel files built with advanced macros, MS Access databases with VBA code, and vendor report databases using SQL.
• Collaborate with MBE department staff, internal stakeholders, and vendors to document and define current operational data solutions for MBE. This will include investigations on how solutions are built, primary function, and who uses them.
• Maintain, build, rebuild, redesign, and sunset processes and technology solutions involving MBE reports and data. Overarching goal of simplifying, eliminating, or moving to IT as many of these internal technology solutions as possible and/or simplifying.
• Build and analyze ad hock reports using MS Excel, MS Access, and external databases using SQL. This includes combining or comparing data from multiple sources.
• Deliver recommendations to MBE leadership of new technology/workflow solutions that can be maintained by operations (someone that doesn't need advanced coding knowledge).
• Collaborate with MBE leadership and to implement repeatable and sustainable process improvements to core MBE workflows.
• Partner with department trainer in the development of training for end uses that empowers ownership of solutions and day to day work effort.
• Support program/technical team post-implementation for production support and ensure solutions continue to meet business requirements.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field; demonstrated experience may be considered
At least five years of data analysis experience within health plan operations or IT. Process improvement experience. Advanced level MS Access and MS Excel skills. Intermediate VBA and SQL skills. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Health Plan Operations knowledge, specifically Medicaid and Dual plans.
Experience in Enrollment and/or Membership Accounting.
Six Sigma experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/19/2023