Grand VillageOverviewAre you interested in becomong a CNA? Starting wage $16.20 per hour!
Grand Village is hiring a Unit Assistant. Grand Village consists of 114 nursing home beds and is located in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Classes are fully paid for and start soon!Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Unit Assistant provides non-direct care for resident services and assists the nursing department by performing non-clinical functions. Entry-level position intended for individuals considering Nursing Assistant certification. Essential job responsibilities include:Answers call lights and responds to resident requests that do not require hands-on care. Notifies nursing staff if residents have direct care needs. Transports/escorts residents around facility as needed, according to proper safety procedures.Makes beds, stocks linen carts, and maintains supplies in resident rooms and supply room. Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Director or Registered Nurse.QualificationsUnit AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- At least 16 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Must be willing and able to enroll in a Certified Nursing Assistant program
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Previous experience volunteering or working with seniors
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.