Quartet Senior Living is hiring a Dining Assistant. Quartet consists of 88 assisted living units, as well as 32 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Quartet is an Ecumen managed community. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Dining Assistant is responsible for assisting with food preparation, serving and cleanup. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations. Directs staff in the absence or in support of the Leadership Team.
- 10:30a-7p, Full-Time 40 hours per week
- Includes every other weekend and every other holiday rotation
Ecumen offers an outstanding benefits package
- Low Cost Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement with a Generous 6% Matching Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holiday Time
Essential Job Responsibilities:Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies. Completes opening and closing duties. Accomplishes routine, daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.Notifies supervisor if any changes in residents' personal health is observed.Assists with the supervision of dining assistants in absence or in support of the Leadership Team. Responds to resident requests and special requests, concerns or complaints and promptly notifies supervisor. The dining assistant lead may handle situations that require immediate attention within established boundaries.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.Demonstrates respect for facility property and supplies. Oversees kitchen cleaning tasks. Reports broken equipment and may contact service vendors in emergency situations.Other duties as assigned.QualificationsDining AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Robust Training and Mentoring
- And much more!
- 16 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience leading others
- Previous food service experience
- Basic knowledge of food service
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Previous senior care experience
- Serv Safe certified or equivalent
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.