Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for your Day
This position is responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating, and executing activities related to the testing of UCare systems, databases, user interfaces. Testing will include manual and automated test execution for functional, integration, regression, performance testing required to meet the business requirements, and strategic mission and goals of the organization while mitigating risk. Responsible for following standards and Quality Assurance best practices. The QA Analyst's role requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as creativity and the ability to work with business requirements and concepts. Ability to meet quality on multiple tasks simultaneously and keep schedule commitments is essential. Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment as this role works with the business user community, technical teams, and end-users to successfully develop and implement quality changes into production.
• Collaborate with business partners, IT team leads, project leads, business analysts, end users and third party contacts to design, plan, execute, and validate test scenarios, scripts, or procedures to test system modifications and receive business user acceptance prior to implementation.
• Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Design and create automated test scripts and scenarios using Selenium and C#.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screens, or content.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers and project, managers or leads, monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product design, schedules, or potential risks.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
• Comply with standards and tollgates of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within IT.
• Contribute to, suggest and implement process improvements that will accomplish team, department and business goals. Strive for efficiency, consistency and effectiveness.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years of Quality Assurance testing experience. Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially requirement development analysis, test planning and execution. Experience working with data queries for data mining and validation. Experience in translating business requirements into testing specifications and test scenarios. Strong analytical skills and experience with test automation. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance Best Practice methodologies.
Knowledge of healthcare insurance industry including Enrollment, Billing, Claims Processing, EDI, and Amisys. Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL database queries.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/26/2023