DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY – FULL-TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time staff attorney for its Mille Lacs County Domestic Violence Court Partnership and to work with other victims of domestic violence on family law matters. Starting date will be negotiated based upon bar admission and office needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions.
- Partner with members of Mille Lacs County Domestic Violence Court to improve systemic response to domestic violence.
- Provide representation on civil legal issues including:
- Direct representation and advice
- Complex litigation
- Policy advocacy and outreach
- Community education as appropriate to client, project, and office needs
- Supporting co-workers and staff from other organizations to meet the needs of clients
- Concern for the needs and rights of low-income persons and victims of domestic violence required.
- Attorney applicants must be currently licensed in Minnesota. Individuals who took the July Bar will be considered.
- Attorneys admitted in states other than Minnesota can get temporary pre-exam admission.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Office required
- Skills in a language other than English, particularly Spanish or Somali, preferred
- Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences preferred
- Experience in working in community partnerships preferred
- Ability to work positively within a law office, supporting co-workers while focusing on providing high-quality service to clients.
SALARY: $70,000 to $76,364 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off. Detailed information on benefits can be found by clicking on the following link: 2023-Understanding-your-Benefits-Booklet-FINAL-compressed.pdf (mylegalaid.org)
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by October 12, 2023, or until position is filled.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.