Description: The pay range is $83,800.00 - $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A SENIOR ENGINEER - SECURITY VISIBILITY INFRASTRUCTURE
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
The Cyber Fusion Center is the heart of Target's security team and a place where innovation happens daily. Interested in a culture that combines invention and creative freedom, ongoing learning, engineering excellence, and stellar outcomes? We are, too - that's why we work here. Join our team to take new enterprise security solutions from concept to release, collaborating with both software & security engineers to innovate on helping defend Target's network using cutting-edge technologies.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Engineer, you'll show prowess as you...
- Exert your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Participate in the code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level.
- Participate in functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex technical issues.
- Participate in and lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning.
- Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' of software development experience
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of common source code version control tools: GitHub, BitBucket, SourceForge
- Experience with data manipulation practices: Regular Expressions (RegEx), sed, grok
- Experience coaching & mentoring junior developers
Additional skills we are interested in:
- Experience with infrastructure automation/provisioning toolsets: Ansible, Chef, SaltStack
- Administration and Tuning for RedHat/Debian distributions
- Experience with administration of the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats, etc...) including major version migrations, propagation of common schema, and large-scale installations
- Knowledgeable about end-to-end CI/CD solutions and technologies: Webhooks, Jenkins, Drone, Vela, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with establishing and executing end-to-end platform monitoring: Telegraf, Metricbeat, Netdata, APM, Heartbeats
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.