Description: The pay range is $123,100.00 - $221,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Director of Communications - CreativeClassification: ExemptDate: October 2023About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
The Enterprise Communications team builds confidence, pride and advocacy for Target, connecting and counseling companywide to move our $100-billion business forward. Using our wide-reaching access and influence, we shape Target's culture and protect and strengthen its reputation, and we help to drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty.
We're looking for bold communicators and relationship-focused pros who think strategically and creatively, and are committed to excellent execution and top-quality storytelling for all stakeholders. Comprised of everything from public relations and content and creative teams to executive communication and crisis management, Enterprise Communications offers a world-class canvas for communicators to serve Target's millions of stakeholders.
The Director of Communications, Creative, is responsible for setting and executing on the creative strategy for the Content and Creative Communications team, which includes both internal and agency resources working together on creative assets and activations designed to elevate Target Enterprise Communications' priorities. This includes creative activations at critical moments in the business calendar such as the holiday season and quarterly earnings reports, as well overseeing day-to-day creative support and visual asset creation for Target Enterprise Communications and owned channels.
- Manage a small in-house creative team, including associate creative directors and graphic designers, as well as agency and freelance resources to effectively drive creative production.
- Build, maintain and lead a brief-based creative operating model for receiving, prioritizing and assigning creative requests from Client Services within Enterprise Communications, taking ultimate responsibility for successful delivery of assets.
- Leverage relationships with production partners/agencies to proactively bring new creative ideas to the Enterprise Communications team with the goal of elevating execution beyond the written word. This would range from short- and long-form video to animated and illustrated assets, photo shoots and visual redesigns of Enterprise Communications' digital platforms, among others.
- Lead team to proactively pitch original concepts and series ideas that bolster Target's reputation and reach key audiences across a variety of channels.
- Oversee larger-scale creative activations from concept to completion, ensuring top quality production value and editing for each project.
- Partner with others to continuously analyze content performance, providing insights and best practice recommendations that keep Target's content and creative communications evolving.
- Lead talent development routines for the team and participates in pyramid routines to ensure coaching and development, training and growth, and ongoing recognition
- Consistently demonstrates behaviors aligned to Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a team leader with a demonstrated track record in creative execution and performance
- Significant experience building teams and managing people, including seamlessly integrated internal and external agency partner resources for greatest efficiency and optimal outcome.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with quick deadlines
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly creative, and collaborative environment is required
- Strong business acumen, with deep understanding of how to achieve objectives while meeting brand standards
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment is preferred
- May require domestic or international travel throughout the year
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.