Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY & DISASTER RECOVERY ANALYST SENIOR
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for your Day
As the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Analyst Senior, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program components. Lead analysis and execution of organization-wide efforts to develop policies, risk mitigation strategies, identify priorities, and ensure implementation of action plans. Provide technical leadership and business resource for business continuation and disaster recovery programs. Responsible for leveraging knowledge and experience to deliver end-to-end solutions for our business continuation and disaster recovery program, which includes collaborating on technical solutions for IT and business process solutions, organizing and prioritizing development effort, interfacing with vendors and management, and coordinating the efforts with IT teams and business teams.
• Lead cross-functional effort to develop and oversee business continuation and disaster recovery strategy and priorities, policies and project plans.
• Manage Business Continuity Plan for UCare including: documentation, coordination and project management. Update and maintain BCP and DR plans at least annually and when significant updates to business or infrastructure occur.
• Collaborate with UCare department leaders to develop and maintain written business continuation plans, provide training on plans and coordinate business continuation tabletop exercises. Ensure business continuation plans are maintained within Compliance 360.
• Create KPI's and associated reporting to ensure BCP and DR processes are operating effectively and ensure service levels are known and being met by team.
• Collaborate with IT architecture and engineering on UCare's Data Center strategy to ensure all necessary components (e.g., Network, Server, Storage, Firewall, etc.) are implemented for High Availability and/or recoverability to meet regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate with business and IT team members to develop application-specific BC and DR test plans. These plans should contain specific functions within applications to be verified and the expected results associated with each.
• Create and document procedures necessary to conduct regular business continuity and disaster recovery tests. Identify and document repeatable steps to establish an environment in which BC and DR testing can occur. This process should also include the activities needed to decommission the test environment and resume normal operations.
• Oversee the execution of annual business continuity and disaster recovery tests. Partner with personnel within IT, designated business units, and SaaS providers to carry out tests of selected applications and infrastructure functions. Document the results for audit/compliance purposes. Identify and remediate opportunities for improvement in future tests.
• Create and document the procedures required to declare a business disruption/disaster and coordinate with Leadership to activate the BC/DR site for production usage.
• Review and update the BIA (Business Impact Analysis) to ensure that applications are appropriately classified and assigned to tiers for recovery. This would include an examination of the Recovery Point Objective (RPO's) and Recovery time objectives (RTO's) associated with each tier. Work with ITSM and business owners to correctly categorize systems.
• Co-manage process associated with BC/DR incidents. This includes assembling necessary resources to address incident, guide team through resolution, conduct root cause analysis meetings and ensure appropriate problem tasks are created.
• Co-manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
• Participate in the Contract Review Board to ensure new vendors/systems brought into UCare complies with the BC and DR regulatory requirements.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business or related degree. Advanced degree preferred.
Five years' experience managing business continuation/disaster recovery with at least two years of prior program management or project management experience.
ITIL certification. Prior experience managing business continuation/disaster recovery plans. Prior health care experience preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 9/29/2023