Description: The pay range is $66,500.00 - $119,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS AN ENGINEER - THREAT DETECTION ANALYTICS & ENGINEERING
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Join our team as a Threat Detection Engineer and take the lead as you develop custom detection and automate investigation tasks for fraud and abuse across the Target Guest experience. In this role, you will work with a team of skilled engineers and analysts to reliably solve complex problems, while getting hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies. We are looking for skilled developers and data scientists with experience in one or more of the following areas: Kotlin/Java, Kafka, sql/nosql DB. We spend our time analyzing data, writing applications to detect fraud and abuse, automate prevention & fraud mitigation controls. Our work directly protects Target and our Guests.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years of professional experience in this role, or a relevant and similar role.
- Experience working with Kotlin/Java, Kafka, sql/nosql DB
- Experience working with Hive, Elasticsearch, Postgres/Redis/Mongo or other database technologies
- Experience working with Business Rules Engine Management system like Drools rules engine
- Experience with Spring Boot Framework, Gradle, Kotest or other unit & integration testing framework
- Experience in cyber threat or fraud detection
- Demonstrated understanding of common web application technologies and basic networking knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and adaptive learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.