Description: The pay range is $87,900.00 - $158,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Packaging Strategy Lead-Data , Standards & Sustainability
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is the Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on a variety of categories. Here, you will be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with Target Packaging is an opportunity to support the development of packaging for Target's beloved owned brands, exclusive partnerships and transit packaging. Your influence will drive sales and grow brand love through packaging that is guest-centric, on brand, competitive "at shelf" and category relevant. Here, you will leverage internal and external partnerships, partner on research and analysis to support packaging optimization, establish best methods for scale and support sustainability initiatives. As part of a global team you will have the opportunity to partner with Target offices, product vendors, and packaging suppliers spanning the United States, China, India, and additional international locations. This role will support and impact all areas of Owned Brand business. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life every day as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all our guests.
As a Lead Packaging Strategist, you will:
- Build foundational data requirements, taxonomy frameworks and specification fidelity rational to support packaging design optimization and sustainability efforts across all Owned Brand businesses.
- Consult with relevant sourcing, design, store operations, marketing, supply chain, properties, and compliance program owners in establishing relevant data requirements and scalable standards that consistently reflect our commitment to safety, reliability, cost effectiveness and performance.
- Create and govern change processes to ensure accurate packaging document management portfolios across multiple systems and partner teams.
- Develop, manage, and execute creative training and innovative always-on resources, for internal and external audiences, to drive comprehensive understanding of standards, specifications, and data accuracy best methods.
- Evaluate data requirements, standards, and specifications to promote safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions that conform to industry standards, enhance good engineering practices, are consistent with risk tolerance expectations and maintain a leader position in industry.
- Provide support and guidance to cross-functional teams and business partners to ensure proper interpretation and activation of packaging data requirements, standards, and specifications.
- Consult with appropriate internal legislation and regulation subject matter experts, identifying impacts to current data requirements and standards, taking action to mitigate risks and identify opportunities to influence actions for compliance.
- Work with cross-functional global partners to drive effective communication and roadshows around stated goal progress, compliance, and data accuracy best method requirements and expectations.
- Use data to identify trends or issues, in partnership with technology teams, to measure effectiveness of training delivered and communications deployed.
- Analyze industry trends and assess Target's corresponding data and standards practices, share insights and recommendations with the appropriate audience for change and compliance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to others, driving effectiveness and efficiency in team in outcomes.
- Create and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection and Drive; ensure on-going, effective communications to the team, and support individualized development by offering regular performance feedback, coaching, recognition, and evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience developing and managing documentation and standards projects, preferably including packaging design and development
- Ability to influence without authority, manage projects, facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively, internally and externally, across all levels of an organization
- Experience with documentation best practices, technical writing and reporting
- Skilled at developing and advising on content, form and delivery of effective trainings, roadshows and communication
- Experience leading teams and/or projects, driving collaboration, empowerment and team work
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, innovative thinking, and analytical skills
- Prior experience with packaging or consumer goods manufacturing preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility & resiliency; comfortable working in ambiguous and ever-changing environments
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work, communicate and lead in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Vizio applications
- Respects, appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.corporate.target.comTwin Cities | Target Corporation
Target's hometown market, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.