Description: The pay range is $124,100.00 - $223,400.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
This Sr. Manager role will lead the Team Member Device Engineering team. The team is responsible for the hardware and software services of technology in Target facilities, including ~2000 Stores, Distribution Centers, and Headquarter locations. This includes Asset Protection Camera hardware and software services, Chromeboxes, In Store Digital Media hardware and software services, and Access Control hardware.
Team Member Device Engineering operates out of Target North Campus and provides hardware engineering, software services (API) design and creation, and engineering incident support. This includes responsibilities regarding gathering of business requirements, designing technology solutions, configuring hardware, RFI/RFP creation, creating technology roadmaps, and managing vendor relationships.
As a Senior Manager of Team Member Device Engineering you will:
- Lead strategy development, program execution, prioritization, and ongoing management of
Team Member Device Engineering. This leader will be required to bring thought leadership to help transform hardware engineering and field engineering simplification.
- Lead day-to-day engineering prioritization and manage a team of Engineers focused on successfully fulfilling HQ Stores, and Distribution hardware needs.
- Lead and support the team through the creation of Objectives and Key Results that tie directly to Target Tech's overall strategies - ensuring overall roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, including Business Partners, Target Tech application teams, Procurement, Finance, Risk Management, and field teams.
- Drive continuous improvement by conducting gap analysis and development of new processes and best practices. Help transform device hardware and software services with a focus on use of automation, new tech capabilities and engineered solutions.
- Engage with and drive accountability for third-party vendor performance while managing operational risk. This includes day-to-day relationships as well as contract governance requiring additional internal Target partnership (e.g., Procurement, Third Party Risk Management, Security, Finance).
- Manage a license and hardware finance budget related to device hardware and software services as well as the management and reconciliation of a hardware capital finance budget for hardware purchases.
- Maintain a deep understanding of best-in-class engineering design practices through benchmarking and continuous education. Sustain team level-of-knowledge through appropriate continuing education.
- Mentor, guide, motivate, support, and develop team members.
- Contribute to and maintain a positive team culture by demonstrating behaviors consistent with Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection, and Drive.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or other relevant field of study and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years leadership and development of teams
- 5+ years of retail and/or warehouse operations experience
- 5+ years relevant technical support experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences - including executive leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships with partner teams; understanding their needs and then balancing technical complexity and ROI
- Comfort with a degree of ambiguity and operates with a high-level of drive and positive attitude; previous experience building new hardware solutions or growing a team would be highly beneficial
- Proven trouble-shooting experience and strong incident reduction-minded focus
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think quickly and execute on short-time frames
- Ability to be forward-thinking and strategic - balancing both short-term needs with long-term goals
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.