The Branch/Contact Center Manager I is responsible for providing leadership support of and managing the day-to-day operations in a branch or channel. This role is instrumental in ensuring employees are engaged and providing the best experience for our members. Additionally, the Branch/Contact Center Manager is accountable for the daily branch operations including: scheduling to ensure staffing levels meet member need, addressing and coaching employees through more complex member issues, and conducting branch/contact center verification reports. This role is also accountable for building rapport with members and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site and remote leadership of all aspects of daily operational activities of the branch/contact center
- Create and foster team connections and belonging by building positive and connective relationships
- Innovates and leads through change by seeking out and being open to new ways of approaching problems; tries new approaches
- Responsible to create and manage branch/contact center schedules and ensure staffing levels meet member need
- Makes decisions in alignment with our values and mission; in relation to employees, members, goals, revenues and expenses; comfortable working within the gray, not having all the information; in relation to employees, members, area goals, revenues and expenses
- Interview, hire, coach, train, and develop employees to successfully meet role expectations and expertise in partnership with their direct leader
- Assist employees or members in solving complex account issues and escalated situations
- Ensure branch/contact center compliance with all Credit Union policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and regulations
- Conduct and complete monthly branch verification reports
- Prepare and deliver written performance evaluations and performance actions
- Drive team performance and engagement by conducting frequent team meetings and individual employee dialogs; ensuring employees are informed of organizational news, changes in operational policy and procedures, and are focused on member service and organizational results
- Actively participate in community based/business development activities within communities to promote awareness of Affinity Plus
- Has the knowledge, skill and ability to perform in the capacity of any member facing position to support member need
- Takes accountability for oneself and holds self accountable in performance, development, etc.
- Provides support based on area to organizational initiatives involving promotions, projects, goals for area, leading Omni Channel experience in area, etc.
- Participate in local and statewide leadership development meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of proven, progressive leadership experience
- B.S./B.A. degree in business, finance or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in consumer lending, checking/savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and other credit union products preferred
- Ability to provide on-site leadership to a team in a small sized market/team
- Knowledge and understanding of State and Federal laws pertaining to Credit Union Industry
- Ability to effectively coach, lead and motivate employees to achieve results
- Strong analytical skills required with a high degree of accuracy
- Aptitude to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to collaborate with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time Management skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on department and member needs
- Flexibility to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment
- Sitting 70-75% and Standing 25-30%
- Working at a computer 90% of the day
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping or crouching when appropriate, on occasion
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, mousing, phones, etc.
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to approx. 50 pounds (supplies, etc.)
- Requires face-to-face interaction and/or coordination of work with other employees and departments, and in-person interaction
Required Work Schedule:
Monday–Friday, with rotating Saturdays. Consistent and reliable attendance is a required essential function of this role to meet the needs of the department/team and organization.
This position will be leading a new Affinity Plus Branch location opening in Virginia, MN. Initial training may take place in either Grand Rapids, MN or Duluth, MN until the new location opens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)