Description: The pay range per hour is $29.71 - $53.46
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Data Center Technician, you'll take the lead as you collaborate with the Engineering, Raised Floor, and Central Plant teams.This includes:
- Installing and Maintaining Equipment - Works closely with engineering team to ensure that new equipment is properly specified and installed correctly. Verifies equipment placement by referencing drawings and uses PM/CM procedures along with O&M material after installation to ensure proper maintenance and operation. Determines proper electrical source and connections for raised floor equipment installations. Builds electrical cabling and labels circuit breakers. De-installs older equipment or systems at the end of their life cycle.
- Monitoring Building Systems - Uses SCADA, ALC, and other applications as well as building rounds to monitor systems and ensures those systems are operating efficiently and to original specifications. Escalates and takes corrective action if system is not performing to standards.
- Using Team Specific Applications - Develops proficiency in the use of team specific applications such as ALC and Wonderware. Ensures those applications are maintained properly while helping to implement improvements.
- Responding to Escalations - Follows escalation processes and acts as first responder to major equipment and system issues.
- Taking Ownership of a Major System - Takes responsibility for one of the major power or cooling systems within the Data Center and ensures that it operates to peak efficiency, maintains all records pertaining to that system, and communicates improvements or issues with that system to the appropriate persons.
- Training - Increases proficiency in equipment, systems, and safety by taking part in on-site and off-site training. Identifies training needs, conducts internal job skills training and safety training on appropriate shifts, oversees skill proficiency demonstration, mentors team members regarding operational knowledge, standard and emergency procedures, tool usage, and processes implementation.
- Managing Vendors - In coordination with the Lead, maintains a relationship with the vendors that supply and support the electrical and mechanical systems and components. When possible attends major system preventive maintenance and repair activities.
- Resolving Issues or Problems - Work with vendor, Central Plant, Raised Floor, and Engineering teams to reach resolution for any electrical/mechanical system issues or problems.
- Writing Methods of Procedure (MOPs) - In coordination with Engineering and Central Plant, write MOPs for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Continuously Improving - Drive improvements in existing processes and procedures in collaboration with the different Data Center Operations (DCO) teams, support partners and vendors.
- Special Projects - Project Duties as assigned
- Scheduling - When necessary, works with the scheduler in order to organize vendor activities.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of related experience
- Licensed Electrician or strong mechanical certifications/qualifications
- Journeyman Electrician Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of data center mechanical equipment and the dependency of that equipment on electrical systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels within the company
- Adaptable to changing priorities and tasks to meet client service levels
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints, with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Moderate to advanced PC Skills. Comfortable with working on third party software
- Ability to alter shift to accommodate training activities or perform shift coverage when needed
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to access all areas of the facility
- Industrial/Trade school courses preferred
- Electrical trade school degree preferred
This is a rotating shift position that will include working overnights.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.