Come help the Department of Corrections transform lives for a safer Minnesota! Each day when you come to work for the Department of Corrections, you have the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of those under our care and for those in communities throughout Minnesota.
Working Title: Sales Account Manager
Job Class: State Program Administrator Principal
Agency: Corrections Dept
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/20/2023
- Closing Date: 11/27/2023
- Hiring Agency: Minnesota Department of Corrections
- Division: MINNCOR Industries
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: Yes, up to 40% of the time within a designated Minnesota territory.
- Salary Range: $28.96 - $42.67 / hourly; $60,468 - $89,094 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Telework Eligible: Yes, Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
This position will take an active role in the planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to grow and expand MINNCOR’s customer base. This is an advanced professional-level position involving sales, account management, and marketing of MINNCOR programs, products and services to State of Minnesota agencies, other government agencies, private sector, and nonprofit organizations. This individual typically works with executive level personnel (Directors, Managers, and Senior Buyers). This individual is responsible for maximizing MINNCOR sales by analyzing both the existing and new opportunities for each customer. They will help to drive the establishment of goals and action plans designed to manage the assigned customer base and to foster and build strong customer relationships at all levels. By developing and implementing effective sales account management programs, this market will be better served and the incarcerated employment maximized.
MINNCOR Industries is located at 2420 Long Lake Road, Roseville, MN 55113
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position.
Three (3) years of advanced professional-level experience in sales. This includes experience in developing and growing a sales territory for business to business (B2B) or business to consumer (B2C) sales. NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or a related degree program may substitute for one year of this requirement.
Applicants who meet the above requirement will be further evaluated on the following:
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and best practices in presenting information to middle and executive level decision makers.
- Knowledge in cost and pricing, and product information to develop standard product specifications and provide accurate information to clients.
- Persuasive written and oral communications skills sufficient to establish rapport and develop professional working relationships with clients and to sell MINNCOR Industries’ products to a diverse audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites including word, excel, outlook and power point.
- Ability to provide technical expertise and represent the organization on sales calls.
- Ability to provide technical expertise of products and services.
- Ability to develop and implement effective sales account management programs.
- Ability to communicate the MINNCOR mission statement.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Completion of a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience working with contractors, woodworking/office products, or the education market segment.
- Experience developing and delivering sales programs in a work setting servicing the public sector.
- Sales and/or marketing experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience working in a correctional setting.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position. For a copy of the PDA, please email Teresa Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. Top candidate(s) must pass a criminal history check which includes successful completion of all sentencing and/or restitution requirements of law enforcement jurisdictions, including probation.
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and discipline records.
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 70645. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Teresa Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-361-7592.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Teresa Moen at email@example.com.
About Corrections Dept
MINNCOR Industries is the industry program under the Minnesota Department of Corrections(DOC) and is regarded as a national leader in this industry. We provide incarcerated individuals job skill development and training for successful community transition.
Our mission is to transform lives for a safer Minnesota. Our work matters and helps to make Minnesota a safer place to live and work.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what assistance is needed.