Ecumen North BranchOverview
Ecumen North Branch is hiring a Maintenance Technician. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 68 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care.
- On-Call / Casual Status
- Flexible Schedule
- Casual Status Requirements -
- Must work a minimum of 4 shifts/month
- Pay Range - $18.81/hour - $20.90/hour depending on experience
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Maintenance Technician is responsible for more complex maintenance and janitorial duties, in addition to basic maintenance and janitorial responsibilities. Essential Job Responsibilities: Operates all building equipment, including HVAC and other fixed asset equipment, performing manufacturer's recommended routine maintenance tasks as identified in the preventive maintenance software.Completes work requests for non-routine repairs on all building equipment including performing apartment room turns involving minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc. May include resident requests for service.Maintains maintenance and janitorial supply and equipment levels, reports procurement needs to supervision.Initiates regulatory compliance tasks such as fire drills and emergency generator operations, logging all such activity as required.Provides training to new employees on work assignments and schedules.Works with contractors performing upgrades, repairs, or new installations.Follows all established safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to supervision, participates in safety committee meetings or conducts regular safety training to staff, documenting all activities.QualificationsMaintenance Technician IIMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years janitorial/maintenance experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post-secondary job-related training coursework
- Licensure/Certification: Boiler operator license as mandated by state/city, if required
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.