Ecumen Seasons at MaplewoodOverview
Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood is hiring a Dining Manager. Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood consists of 120 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 30 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
- Full-Time -
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (with flexibility)
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours/week; exempt position
- Weekend leader on duty rotation
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for managing the preparation and service of meals, ordering the food, planning menus and supervising staff. The Dining Manager is responsible for all aspects of food service and managing the staff.Additional Information:
Essential job responsibilities include:Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents. Works with Registered Dietitian for approval of menus as required. Assists with the required clinical documentation -Ensures staff maintain a clean sanitary work area, comply with state and federal rules and regulations, and follow established policies, procedures and practices of the facility. Assists all workers and positions in the dining department; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.Monitors food and supply inventory levels and ordering.Hires, supervises, trains and mentors dining staff as well as maintaining adequate staffing.Properly operates food equipment in the food preparation area, and other equipment used by the dining department.Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available. Prepares annual budget for dining department and operates dining room within this budget.QualificationsDining ManagerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Paid Holidays Off
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Free underground, heated parking
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- High School graduate or GED
- Certified Food Manager in accordance with MN Department of Health
- Food service management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Management or similar
- Previous experience in providing food service management to seniors
- Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning
rec:mrp7058Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.