INTRODUCTION:INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) University Staff position that reports to the Supervisor of Materials Management. This position is responsible for arranging departmental retrieval and departmental delivery of surplus property, public customer order pick-ups, surplus property assessment, determining and testing of property for functionality, identification of fixed asset property for inventory disposal, and of in-house store sales. This position is also responsible for afternoon deliveries for Mail Services. As needed, this position will float back and forth between Surplus and Mail Services to provide coverage. This position works independently with limited supervision. INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR * link to standard job description Minimum / Required
• Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet.
• Good Work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness, and resourcefulness.
• Valid Wisconsin driver's license
• Ability to lift and carry up to 58 pounds; bend, stoop, twist, pull and push.
• Mechanical aptitude including the use of common hand tools. Highly Desired
• Customer service experience.
• Forklift certification or the ability obtain certification.
• Ability to utilize pallet jacks and operate campus vehicles throughout the day.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills working with a diverse community APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Applications received by end of day, November 6, 2023, are ensured full consideration
. Applications submitted after November 6th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs Required application materials
* Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Erik Johnson
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Alexandra Bates
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
The minimum starting hourly salary of $ 16.85 , commensurate with experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
• Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
• Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff