Field Service Technician
Located at Eastey Enterprises
Big Lake, MN
We are offering two signing bonuses. With satisfactory work and attendance, you would be eligible to receive $500 after 30 days and $1,000 after 6 months.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for providing technical support, maintenance, and repair services to our customers’ packaging equipment and machinery. This position requires the use of hand tools for mechanical adjustments and repairs, as well as a strong understanding of electrical wiring diagrams and the use of a voltmeter for troubleshooting electrical problems. The technician will be accountable for on-site support during the startup and installation of packaging equipment including the training of operators and maintenance staff and the completion of field service reports and paperwork.
When not traveling for equipment installations or field service work, the Field Service Technician will assist with packaging parts orders and production-related issues. This support role will also involve handling technical questions from multiple internal departments such as Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, and Production.
- Provide prompt and accurate service to customers, the sales department, and the customer service department via phone and/or email, taking ownership of product issues when appropriate and escalating service issues as required.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients by providing clear and concise communication regarding packaging equipment, updates, and resolution of technical issues.
- Keep a daily log of technical support interactions with customers.
- Troubleshoot packaging equipment failures and assist production assembly areas as necessary.
- Work with the Packaging Parts Coordinator to pick and assemble parts orders as needed.
- Troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies and machinery.
- Use a computer ERP system for reviewing and obtaining parts information.
- Document work performed, time, and parts used to complete duties. May access computerized returned-goods system to enter updates or obtain information.
- Recommend changes to design, assembly or packaging procedures to improve product serviceability, performance or durability.
- Train client personnel on proper equipment operation, maintenance, and safety protocols to promote effective usage and minimize potential equipment issues.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Work safely. Maintain safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Train coworkers as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Parts Orders
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Tools Supplied by employer.
- Work location in Big Lake, MN
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Associated Degree in Automated Systems & Robotics, Industrial Automation, Electronics, Automation
- Commitment to safety protocols and guidelines, ensuring the well-being of yourself and others while on-site.
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours and travel frequently to client locations, often at short notice.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment to analyze and troubleshoot complex packaging machinery.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic aptitude with the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Experience with Field Service and Installations
- Valid Class D Driver’s license
- Valid Passport
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink-packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. Located in Rogers, MN.
Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, and similar elements during most of a normal workday.
Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday.
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time