St Mark's LivingOverview
St. Mark's Living is hiring an MDS Coordinator. St. Mark's Living consists of 73 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 57 nursing home beds, 26 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Austin, Minnesota. St Mark's is an Ecumen managed community.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe MDS Coordinator is responsible for assuring timely MDS (Minimum Data Set) completion for assigned patients/units to meet deadlines, with a focus on accuracy, case mix maximization, and regulatory compliance. In addition, this position may be responsible for development and implementation of staff education programs for the facility. Essential job responsibilities include:Develops Minimum Data Set (MDS) completion schedule, sets assessment reference date (ARD), and coordinates timely completion and submission of MDS. Monitors validation reports and corrects errors or problems.Observes direct care staff interactions with residents, and provides education, guidance and training to improve clinical care and accuracy of MDS coding.Completes Resident Assessment Protocol (RAP) documentation based on regulatory requirements, MDS information obtained, and in accordance with professional standards of practice.Coordinates with the IDT to help assure care plans are comprehensive and completed on time.Oversees eligibility for all payer types and completion of necessary paperwork to assure coverage.QualificationsMDS CoordinatorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing for the Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Up to 3 years related experience
- Current LPN licensure in the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Prior senior care experience
- Experience with medical coding and coverage requirements for various payer types
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.