Ecumen St. CloudOverview
Full Time Culinary Director
Ecumen is hiring a Culinary Director for our newly acquired St. Benedict's Community in St. Cloud which consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, and independent living.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Culinary Director is responsible for managing the preparation and service of meals, ordering the food, planning menus and supervising staff. Clinical nutrition documentation will be completed per the facility schedule. The Culinary Director is responsible for all aspects of food service and managing the staff.Essential job responsibilities: Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.Oversees department staffing including hiring, training and mentoring of dining team members as well as maintaining adequate staffing. Supervises nutrition assessment process and documentation in the resident's medical record. Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using their knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents. Menus are prepared in advance and reviewed by a Registered Dietitian.Guarantees food and supply inventory levels are monitored and oversees the food and supply ordering.Manages the annual budget for the dining department and operates the work area within this budget.Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available. Ensures the staff maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Complies with state and federal rules and regulations, follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility. QualificationsCulinary DirectorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Food Sanitation Certificate
- Certified Dietary Manager in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health
- Current Servsafe Certification or equivalent
- Certified Food Protection Manager or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Registered Dietitian, Licensed in the State of Minnesota
- Food service management experience
- Previous experience in providing food service management in a senior living environment.
- Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.