Ecumen Hospice DuluthOverview
Casual/PRN - Flexible Scheduled Days 8am-4:30pm Occasional Weekend/Holiday Requirements
Ecumen Hospice is hiring a Registered Nurse for its location in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen Hospice is a non-profit, Medicare-certified hospice that has been providing life-honoring care in Minnesota for almost 30 years. We serve those who are experiencing a life-limiting condition and the people that are closest to them, through a comprehensive offering of services which include but are not limited to: physician oversight, nursing, social work, spiritual care, hospice aide assistance, music therapy, massage therapy, volunteer services, pet therapy, and bereavement care. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Registered Nurse (RN)-Hospice This position is responsible for the delivery of patient care including; triaging patient needs over the phone, making visits to patients with changing conditions, and performing admissions as necessary. Essential job responsibilities:Receives and responds to phone calls during assigned shifts as well as making visits to patients with changing conditions, and completing weekend admissions.Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.Assesses and evaluates patient's status by writing and initiating plan of care, regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs, and participating in revising the plan of care as necessary.Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician's plan of care. Records pain and/or symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change. Communicates with the physician regarding patient needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; seeks physicians' orders as required.Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.Other duties as assigned.QualificationsRegistered Nurse (RN)-HospiceMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Relevant Experience: One to two years in post-acute care setting
- Licensure/Certification: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA< Resident's Bill of Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, Right to know, and SDS, ADA HUD policy and procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Relevant Experience: One to two years nursing experience in Medicare-Hospice
- Other knowledge, skills and abilities: (examples include supervisory, computer skills and software/hardware knowledge, etc.).
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.