Description: The pay range is $67,600.00 - $121,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.L5 Color Developer About Us:Hyrid-Mpls
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work, and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together
Owned Brand Teams - At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management, and Sourcing & Development organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, source, make and deliver great new products that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the performance, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition.
A role within Owned Brand Product Development, the Color Developer
is a part of a team of color experts who create products that truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands. Can you ensure that each product has the right color quality and match to support Targets floor pad mix of style, quality and value? Do you love to create technical product solutions that help meet strategic business goals? Then you'll have success on our talented and innovative team. Overview/ Position OverviewAs a Color Developer, you will be responsible for applying fundamental visual and digital color skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to approve and coordinate color across both solid and print to support overall design concepts. This role requires a strong ability to collaborate and interpret design direction from creative partners across multiple fabrications and brands while applying knowledge of supply chain capabilities in production that ensure product will adhere and maintain consistent brand standards and aligns with Raw Material Strategy.
You will collaborate across multiple teams, and perform duties by solving problems, applying critical thinking, presenting and clearly communicating role and project needs with partners and leaders. A Color Developer will also drive continual improvements by defining best practices, take the initiative to address critical issues, consistently drive innovation, and leverage technology to enhance the color development as well as participate and lead special projects and committees that will impact the larger organization.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Target Owned Brands by managing visual and digital color submissions
- Track and communicate approval and performance status to CFTs and Business Partners
- Troubleshoot color issues, leverage supply chain knowledge, and collaborate with Global Color Team to provide effective and timely solutions.
- Collaborate with CFT's and Global Color Team to support feasibility w/in color palette selections.
- Support and drive research within projects that involve innovation and sustainability that will improve product and supply chain efficiency
Training and Mentoring
- Provide formal and informal color trainings to Business Partners
- Facilitate connections w/in CFT's to drive knowledge of Color Team responsibilities in Product Development and enhance collaboration with the Color Office
Industry Outreach and Involvement
- Partner with Sr. Color Developers and 3rd Party Providers to create and manage Target's Color Library
- Build a network of 3rd party support to influence and drive continuous learning
- Establish vendor and supplier relationships to proactively support and impact Team strategies associated with Supply Chain efficiencies, production quality and color accreditation
Reports to Principal Color Developer. Works closely with Director, Color &Trim, HQ and Global Color Team, Brand Design and cross functional teams, PSQR, Sourcing, vendors/suppliers, and 3rd party business teams. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year college degree in textile science, fashion merchandising, design or apparel production; manufacturing or industrial engineering; or product development related degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in retail, apparel or textile dyeing color evaluation
- Superior Color Rating on Farnsworth-Munsell Hue test
- Technical knowledge of color and dyeing is required.
- Technical knowledge of product development process.
- Technical knowledge of printing for apparel and/or soft home
- Knowledge and experience with Color Management hardware and software is required.
- Experience in correlation studies and/or trials using color management tools preferred.
- Proven track record of operating effectively, efficiently and with minimal direction through ambiguity.
- Established success in simultaneously organizing and managing multiple large and small projects.
- Strong ability to communicate color concepts in a meaningful way to inform and influence the best decisions for Targets guest.
- Stays current on emerging color trends, printing techniques within industry, innovation, and advancement in the field of color, as well as tools and technology used to perform role.
- Committed to continuous learning, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.