Description: The pay range is $109,000.00 - $196,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a "force multiplier". Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
The Infrastructure Voice team manages the core telephony capabilities at Target, responsible for the voice systems at headquarters, stores, and distribution centers, totaling 2,000 locations. We utilize cutting edge open source technology to enable communication and collaboration while ensuring high availability.
- Manage telephony solutions using open source technologies such as Asterisk and Kamailio
- Configure and customize telephony systems to meet business requirements while ensuring high availability and reliability of telephony services
- Stay up-to-date with the latest open source telephony technologies and trends
- Use DevOps skills to automate deployment of applications and changes with CI/CD pipelines
- Use APIs to automate activities and tasks
- Manage Voice Store technology hardware including Music player systems (amplifiers and speakers), guest help buttons, and overhead paging
- Create dashboarding to assist with monitoring and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of SBCs
- Work closely with cross-functional technical teams to implement and troubleshoot solutions, while providing technical expertise
- Partner with business experts to understand needs while working to build solutions to achieve business goals
- Work with store support vendors offshore support team to manage incidents in a timely manner
- Innate desire to learn and continuously grow technology skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead or set strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level. In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns. Participate in planning services that have enterprise impact. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, and define milestones and deliverables. Monitor workflow and risks; play a leadership role in mitigating risks and removing obstacles. Lead and participate in complex construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met. Establish new standards and best practices to monitor, test, automate, and maintain IT components or systems. Serve as an expert resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning. Stay current with Target's technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment. Develop fully attributed data models, including logical, physical, and canonical. Influence data standards, policies, and procedures. Install, configure, and/or tune data management solutions with minimal guidance. Monitor data management solution(s) and identify optimization opportunities. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Telephony experience in a professional setting
• Experience with opensource technologies (Asterisk, Kamailio, or similar)
• Experience with APIs to automate activities and tasks
• Innate desire to learn and continuously grow technology skills
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
• Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
• Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
• Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
• Experience with Session Border Controllers
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.