Custodian DEPARTMENT: University Housing Custodial ServicesAPPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): 100%SALARY: HourlyPOSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Seeking applications for four, full-time positions. This position is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner. This position reports to an Assistant Director and will work under the guidance of a Custodian Lead.
This position will work 40 hours a week, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Normal working shift is Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some hours and days of work are flexible to meet the operational needs of the University Housing.QUALIFICATIONS
- Some knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, tools, products, and equipment used in providing custodial services
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals consistent with the duties of this position.
- Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness and resourcefulness.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- (1) year of experience in custodial, maintenance or customer service-related field
- Valid driver's license
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESA
- The employee must past the employer provided essential job function test.
- Successful completion of a background check is required and system reference check questions.
. Routine Daily Maintenance of Student Life Services Buildings.
B. Performance of Related Duties.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms
- Clean hallways, stairwells, lounges, laundry, kitchens, drinking fountains, meeting rooms and reset as needed.
- Dust mop, wet mop or vacuum and spot clean all floors.
- Dust and rearrange all furniture and fixtures.
- Sweep and wet mop all stairs and wash stairwell walls as needed.
- Clean suites as needed, including sanitizing restroom, shower and vanity areas, kitchen and living areas.
- Clean all body fluids/blood-borne pathogens spills.
- Maintain elevators and all public spaces.
- Empty wastebaskets and remove trash from buildings.
- Replenish supplies as necessary.
- Vacuum floors.
- Clean and sweep entryways and walk off mats.
C. Team Participation
- Responsible for proper use of equipment and chemicals.
- Provides a safe and healthy environment by following all safety rules.
- Assists other custodians in need of help in their respective buildings.
- Assist supervisor in establishing cleaning standards and cleaning procedures.
- Make inspections of all building equipment condition and report findings to supervisor.
- Meet and confer with the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for energy conservation and building security in all facilities.
- Assist in promoting a service and recycling oriented attitude.
- Enforce safety and work rules with student crew members.
- Function as member of team in special projects.
- Function as a team member in problem solving for custodial and other areas.
- Assist other department/employees as required.
. Primary Trainer of Student Custodians.
E. Perform all Related Duties as Assigned.
- Train student custodians in room cleaning techniques, general sanitation of room furniture, fixtures, equipment and general sanitation of restroom surfaces and fixtures
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Applications received by end of day February 5, 2023 are ensured full consideration
- Keep all sidewalks, ramp entrances and dumpster areas to the residence halls free and clean of ice and snow.
- Direct and assist in major cleaning projects during university break periods.
- Perform other related duties of a similar kind and level as assigned.
- Assist with making repairs on all custodial equipment
. Applications submitted after this date may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs Required application materials
- Names and contact information for two (2) professional/work references
* Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them .
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Justin Fults
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Alexandra Bates
Email: email@example.com ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of 15.00/hour. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/benefits-estimator/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate¿s completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff