University of Wisconsin-Stout's Marketing & Communications team is looking for its next Email Marketing Specialist. This is a full-time position which includes a comprehensive benefits package. The Email Marketing Specialist reports to the Digital Marketing & Research Manager within the Marketing Communications Department at UW-Stout.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing our team's comprehensive email marketing strategy. The position works in Salesforce Pardot, a customer relationship management (CRM) system for marketing automation and email communications. The position also serves on the Learning & Information Technologies (LIT) Salesforce Development team.
Official UW Title / Standard Job Description: Marketing Specialist CM015 QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum / Required
• Experience working in Salesforce Pardot or related customer relationship management (CRM) system
• Experience planning and implementing email marketing automation
• Effective and clear communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and successfully meet deadlines
• Strong critical thinking skills when conducting research and drawing conclusions
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related information technologies field
• Experience with data collection tools to monitor campaign performance
• Experience with Emma and/or other online email automation services
• Familiarity with web content management system (CMS)
• Ability to work proficiently in MS Office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel) RESPONSIBILITIES
Salesforce CRM/Pardot Marketing Automation
- Plan and implement marketing automation in Pardot/Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Build new campaign workflows for drip campaigns, including targeting and timing logic, if/then scenarios that include more targeted workflows based on responsive behavior, call-to action logic, from logic and automated tasks.
- Support, enhance and modify drip campaigns to enhance, replace or add messaging as needed, based on field feedback and campaign performance.
- Update and maintain Pardot/Salesforce recipient lists, engagement programs, and forms.
- Build and streamline segmented, multi-touch communication flows to drive requests for information, applications, event attendance, campus visits, and enrollment.
- Design and proof emails to ensure consistent formatting, mobile-friendly design, appropriate voice and tone, and impeccable grammar.
- Evaluate performance of email campaigns, using A/B testing when helpful, to continuously improve open rates, click-through rates, and other engagement metrics.
- Troubleshoot any reported errors, ensuring that campaigns fire as designed, opt-outs are processed successfully, and correct variable fields are being used for personalization.
- Use the Google Analytics site and other data collection tools to monitor campaign performance and provide reports to various units as needed.
- Provide Pardot training to other users as needed.
- Create landing pages to support all lead generation activities.
- Create user personas and segmentation rules to create compelling content strategies and customer journeys.
- Administer scheduled sends to mass email distributions for Servicing business.
- Work closely with MarCom Digital Team, Salesforce Administrators and within Pardot to ensure data is clean and required fields are complete and support marketing initiatives.
- Manage and create formats for dashboards, reports, forms, templates, layouts and provide business insights from dashboard metrics, continuously monitoring data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with LIT and Salesforce Administrators to perform data de-duping and clean up procedures, including data migrations and mass data uploads.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify, represent and communicate key business metrics.
- Identify process improvements in the CRM function and work with all appropriate individuals to implement those improvements.
- Develop a clear plan for enhancements to the current system and project manage all Pardot developments, integrations and special projects as required.
- Perform all administration functions such as security user management, profiles, roles, permissions, workflows, and assignment rules.
- Become closely familiar with MarCom and university business processes and cross-functional operations.
- Develop internal relationships with university stakeholders.
- Drive end-user adoption of Pardot through documentation, support, and train of new and current employees.
- Perform as primary point of contact for day-to-day user requests.
- Responsible for correcting any data issues within the system and keeping the application up to date, including coordinating system upgrades with Salesforce Administrators.
Marketing & Communications leads and implements cross-campus marketing communications, strategies, and research to help drive UW-Stout's enrollment, partnerships, and fundraising initiatives. UW-Stout's Marketing & Communications Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSApplications received by end of day, Tuesday, October 24 are ensured full consideration.
Applications submitted after 10/24/2023 may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
1. Cover letter (* See below)
2. Curriculum vitae or resume
3. Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Emily Cutler
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Sky Willam
Email: email@example.com INSTITUTIONAL OVERVIEW
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University, offers an unmatched career-focused education that combines applied learning, theory and research with real-world experience that prepares tomorrow's leaders to drive the future of business and industry. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we are proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only full four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 45+ undergraduate degrees, 20+ graduate degrees and 30+ professional certificates in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 7,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Minimum starting salary of $40,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff