INTRODUCTION:FINANCIAL SPECIALIST II
The University of Wisconsin-Stout, Educational Pathways & Outreach Department (EPO), invites qualified candidates to apply for our Financial Specialist II position. The individual selected for this position manages all day-to-day financial operations and activities within EPO. This position reports to the Executive Director of EPO. UW System Title:
Financial Specialist II QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum / Required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral communication.
- Two years of experience in accounting, budgets, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong systems analysis skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Full understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Three years of experience working with financial policies, procedures, and software applications.
- Five years of experience in accounting, budgets, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
This position manages day-to-day financial operations for Educational Pathways and Outreach (EPO) which includes EPO Administration, Stout Online, Continuing Education and Conferences, and Educational Pathways (CE Credit). The Financial Specialist II assists with employment systems, budget development, and other related activities. They serve as the EPO liaison for all financial and budget issues that impact the department (both internal and external) and work closely with the ESI Business Manager. The successful candidate will Engage at a variety of levels within the organization and will perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, exercise considerable independent judgment and attention to detail.
• 50% - Manage day-to-day financial operations for Educational Pathways and Outreach (EPO) which includes EPO Administration, Stout Online, Continuing Education and Conferences, and Educational Pathways financial operations.
• 20% - Facilitate a vairty of financial responsibilities within Stout Online
• 15% - Facilitate financial aspects of Conferences, Workshops, Non-Credit courses for Continuing Education and Conferences and Credit Outreach 10% - Facilitates EPO budget development process.
• 5% - Performs other duties as directed. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
UW-Stout's Educational Pathways and Outreach department is comprised of three areas: Continuing Education and Conferences, Educational Pathways, Stout Online, overseen by an executive director.
Continuing Education and Conferences supports the mission of the University of Wisconsin¿Stout by providing adult learners with access to university education and resources for the enrichment of their lives, both personally and professionally. Their programs and services include certificate programs and noncredit courses, many offering optional college credit; conferences and workshops covering a variety of topical areas; customized business training and educational programs; and program and event planning services.
Continuing Education is committed to meeting the outreach and lifelong educational needs of learners. Through the development and delivery of courses and programs on campus, online and at designated off-campus locations, they connect the resources of the university with individual needs. Coursework can be applied toward professional development, certificates, certifications, degree completion and graduate degrees.
Stout Online¿s Customized Instruction (CI) degree programs, certificates, and certifications are designed to bring courses to life in an online format using the innovative Canvas learning system. These customized instruction opportunities are provided at undergraduate or graduate level, bachelor to doctorate, and may be completed online, hybrid, or through other arrangements convenient to each student¿s specific lifestyle. Stout Online helps students to finish a degree, make a career change, or update professional skills for career advancement.
Educational Pathways and Outreach is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Applications received by October 9, 2023, are ensured for full consideration. Applications submitted after October 9 th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs Required application materials
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Dr. Amy Gullixson
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Jennifer Bartz
Email: email@example.com ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of $20 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
• Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
• Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff