Position Title: Application Engineer
Reports to: Application Engineering Supervisor
Interface With: All departments, All L&M Plants, Aftermarket Customers, OEM Customers, and Outside Vendors
Current Date: 2/3/2023
Revision Number: 2
Job Summary: Design and offer technical assistance for customized products. Provide engineering services for all departments and customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for designing custom radiators, oil coolers, and heat exchangers.
- Follow corporate application engineering policy through design, quoting, drafting, and production support.
- Consult with External Customers, Customer Service, and Sales to acquire necessary information to ensure properly designed quality unit.
- Remain updated on current information and requirements from engine manufacturers and suppliers.
- Participate in required field tests to verify acceptable cooling system design.
- Responsible for scheduling and accounting for all associated travel and expenses.
- Assist sales and other departments with special projects such as field problems and/or cooling complaints.
- Provide technical support and primary engineering coverage for assigned engineering support accounts and sales.
- Responsible for file documentation including design requirements, calculations, drawings and correspondence with customers and others for design verification.
- Review design changes when required and initiate drawing and /or process revision.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Perform related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete a project.
- (May) Responsible for maintaining assigned OEM sales accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detailed orientated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar software.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 3-5 years of engineering experience.
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.