Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH IMPROVEMENT TEAM LEAD
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Health Improvement Team Lead, you will be responsible for the day-to-day guidance of the Health Improvement team communicating strategic plans, goals, objectives, assignments, and actionable events to the team as aligned with Quality Improvement programs, including regulatory reporting, population health strategy, member services and benefits, HEDIS rates, DHS withhold measures, NCQA Accreditation and Star measures for all products. This position will also support the Health Improvement Manager in the delivery of member data analyses and reporting, monitoring team productivity, and overall quality of health improvement programs by building rapport with colleagues, taking an active role to support individual or team development, coordinating team trainings, facilitating team building activities, and identifying opportunities for improvement with workflows and processes in efforts to support effective health improvement programming to meet NCQA, CMS and DHS guidelines.
• Communicate strategic plans, goals, objectives, assignments and actionable events to the team as aligned with Quality Improvement, including deadlines and timeframes for completion, as well as distribution of workload.
• Provide culturally congruent outbound telephonic engagement calls and provide health education to members who meet criteria for population health programs, HEDIS, DHS withhold measures, and Star measures. Demonstrate a connection between building member relationships through engagement strategies by reaching members, providing health education and setting up member appointments. Relationship building will also be demonstrated by supporting members social barriers to care and helping with referrals to address these needs.
• Support the Health Improvement Manager by tracking progress, monitoring team members' tasks, productivity, and engagement to ensure deadlines are met. Provide feedback to the Health Improvement Manager about team performance and opportunities to enhance productivity.
• Assist in generating outreach action lists, collecting, analyzing and interpreting data analyses to support health improvement reporting activities and evaluation of programs.
• Identify opportunities and actively contributes to enhance data flow and documentation, team's efficiency within UCare's case management or systems that support Health Improvement programs and operations.
• Support the development, communication and implementation of processes to improve outreach calls, documentation, and system workflow processes. Monitor these processes and provide ongoing feedback for enhancement to align with team goals.
• Support the facilitation and coordination of training needs and development of strategies to meet team goals. Activities may include, but not limited to, team building, development materials or methods, and recommended techniques necessary for completing individual and team tasks. Training will also include onboarding new staff and/or interns.
• Responsible for health improvement activities as assigned to support overall member engagement outreach strategies. May include leading or participating as a team member on various projects.
• Build positive rapport and working relationships within the department, UCare and externally. Collaborate to identify opportunities for partnership, outreach data needs and objectives, etc.
• Manage flow of day-to-day operations and problem solve issues that may arise. This includes, but not limited to, monitoring the status of work, listening to calls and providing coaching feedback, identify and solve problems, etc.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree, Community Health Worker Certification, AA degree or two years' experience in human services, public health, community outreach, or community health-base setting.
Five years of experience in a health or medical care setting such as a public health department, physician group practice, health plan, hospital, or community clinic. Proficient PC skills and Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets). At least one year of experience in a role with data analysis responsibilities. Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to navigate Windows programs, effectively using applications/tools to manage multiple documents or files and familiarity with data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau).
Bilingual in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or Karen. Knowledge of and experience in telephonic outreach coordination. Excellent computer word processing and database experience. Experience working with diverse populations. Experience building relationship with tribal nations and/or other community-based organizations. Leadership experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/10/2023