Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT CASE MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
Work Location: Work from Home
As a Child and Adolescent Case Management Supervisor, you will be responsible to oversee daily operations of the Child and Adolescent Case Management team. You will participate in the hiring and direct supervision of case management staff for assigned product(s). Mentor, coach and evaluate individual staff performance. Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of case management activities to ensure quality of services and compliance with contractual requirements. You will oversee and lead position specific onboarding activities for new hires such as, onboarding, training, creating and updating of materials. You will be responsible to carry half a case management case load.
• Oversee the performance of case management activities including identification of members meeting criteria, timely completion of case management assessments, development and updating of care plans, and evaluation of member care outcomes.
• Assign members to case managers based on staff caseload size, member needs, and staff competency to ensure equal distribution of case manager workload.
• Monitor delivery of case management services. Ensure case management records meet regulatory requirements (e.g. NCQA, DHS). Review and evaluate case management staff documentation by auditing member records. Participate in development of productivity standards and utilize these to coach and motivate staff. Ensure confidentiality of all member PHI in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Maintain a half case load of members and provide member-centered telephonic case management for children and/or adolescents with MH, SUD, Autism Spectrum Disorder or related conditions that focuses on connecting members and their families to appropriate services and resources.
• Provide training, supervision, and staff development to enhance the knowledge and skills of staff. Train staff on requirements for assigned product(s) and corresponding case management processes.
• Report quality issues, monitor problems and give input and suggestions for improvement to the leadership team.
• Establish regularly scheduled one to one staff supervision at a minimum frequency of monthly to review, evaluate and provide feedback about the appropriateness of case management activities.
• Establish regularly scheduled team meetings, assist with problem solving complex member care issues, conduct supervisory oversight of staff/member interactions at least monthly.
• Participate in implementing UCare strategy for care management in new markets and new products.
• Participate in meetings, as assigned, by the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services Clinical Manager. Participate in leadership of the MH and SUD department, taking an active role in setting the course and facilitating progress on that plan.
• Ensure Transition of Care case management activities occur per the product care model and requirements.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of UCare product and member benefits. Understand, implement, and support the Evidence of Coverage, Certificate of Coverage.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
RN, LPCC, or LICSW with requisite experience. Current Minnesota license required.
Three year's experience in care coordination/case management with children and/or adolescents across the continuum of health care (managed care organization, inpatient, clinic, outpatient treatment, home care). One year of supervisory experience. Two years of experience at an inpatient, residential or outpatient mental health or substance use disorder treatment program for children and/or adolescents.
Knowledge of case management standards and experience working with state and federally funded programs.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/13/2023