Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER SERVICES CASE MANAGER
Work Location: Work from Home
As a Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder (MH & SUDS) Case Manager, you will be responsible to coordinate mental health and substance use disorders and social services across the continuum of care to assist members with recovery and resiliency as they work to address their complex mental health and substance use disorder conditions and social service needs. You will work directly with members to engage, assess, develop, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate member centered care plans for identified needs. Refer as needed and collaborate with providers, county and community agencies to coordinate the provision of services for UCare members.
• Provide member centered telephonic care management for members with mental health and substance use disorder service health conditions that focuses on recovery and resiliency for all UCare product lines (Medicaid, Medicare or commercial insurance).
• Engage members in ongoing care management using evidence-based, member centered practices including Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Care.
• Conduct assessments to identify individual needs including addressing social determinant of health needs and actively linking members to appropriate resources available in their community.
• Collaborate with members and/or family members, psychiatrists, primary care providers, clinic staff and other relevant agencies in the continuum of care to assure appropriateness of service that meets member needs and supports desired outcomes.
• Develop and implement member centered care plan, in collaboration with member/family/caregiver that is appropriate to the member's needs. Monitor and evaluate ongoing effectiveness of the care plan and modify as necessary.
• Identify and monitor member needs, including needed preventive care, and significant change in condition which may warrant early intervention or transition of care. Incorporate culturally appropriate approaches to care planning, as needed.
• Meet and maintain all established caseload and performance metrics.
• Actively participate in management of care transitions across the continuum of care to ensure associated planning addresses health care needs and appropriate use of resources.
• Provide information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance use disorder benefits, services and resources.
• Understand and accurately interpret and apply relevant contractual requirements, policies, procedures and regulations for those members for which case management is a provided service.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary staff to bring perspective based on discipline and experience.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of member benefits for each product; understand, implement, and support the Evidence of Coverage, and follow organization policies as they relate to member benefits.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
RN, LP, LPCC, LMFT or LICSW with requisite experience. Current and unrestricted Minnesota license required.
RN candidate with experience working with managed care and one of the following:
• 2 years in outpatient mental health or substance use treatment facility.
• 2 years as staff in an inpatient mental health unit, crisis residential, IRTS, or crisis residential facility.
• A minimum of two years direct behavioral health clinical experience.
LP, LPCC, LMFT or LICSW candidate with experience working with managed care with the following:
• 3 to 5 years' experience in psychiatric and/or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient treatment and care management services in a behavioral care management organization preferred.
RN, LP or LICSW candidate with 2 years' experience in case management. Dually licensed as LADC. Experience working with state and federally funded programs. Experience in an HMO or MCO highly desirable.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/13/2023