Description: The pay range is $87,900.00 - $158,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Store Operations Lead Business Partner: Strategic Store Communications Classification: ExemptDate: November 2023About Us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow and win together.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is transforming for the better. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest-favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, structure, model, technology and workforce management activities at +1,900 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they'll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you offer specific and valuable experience within the massive store operations scope? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you'll have success on one of our dynamic teams. A role within Store Communications
means a big opportunity to continuously improve the communication channels between Target Corporate and our team members and leaders in the field.
As a Lead Business Partner in Store Communications
, you will:
- Influence and collaborate with cross functional HQ teams to write communication for store and field leaders; support specific businesses by writing a variety of communications including quarterly strategies, holidays and events, new merchandise strategies, brand launches, pilots and tests, emails, and more.
- Write in a variety of styles (technical, conversational, strategic) and update content for Target stores' intranet and mobile platforms.
- Create communication strategies to support end-to-end initiatives that drive operational improvement in stores via updated processes, operational efficiencies, and elevated team member and guest experience.
- Influence and lead internal Store Communication team strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with design, video, and other creative staff to ensure communications, photos, and video support Target's strategies, and are prepared and executed appropriately.
- Manage and monitor project and/or production schedules and ensure all deadlines are met with the allotment of review and feedback from leaders.
- Represent Store Operations in enterprise cross-pyramid initiatives, ensuring store impact is communicated and understood.
- Champion Target's purpose and beliefs across teams and while delivering upon business opportunities.
- Be a point of contact into Corporate Communications & Risk and Reputation functions to ensure stores are appropriately represented for select store communications.
- Complete an on-call rotation a few weeks per year to support any potential urgent communication needs.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- 6+ years of communication/writing experience, preferably including experience working at an agency and in a corporate environment
- Ability to develop compelling communication strategies with clear and measurable goals
- A creative storyteller and versatile writer, with an ability to hone in on key themes based on audience segment
- Ability to counsel leaders
- Team player who is able to build strong partnerships, can develop and share their own point of view, even if a differing opinion, and can hold stakeholders accountable to deadlines
- Superb writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong business acumen and knowledge or experience in the retail environment or service industry
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Ability to work across multiple business units within a large, matrixed organization
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.