Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
PROJECT MANAGER - DATA
Work Location: Work from Home. Must be within a commutable distance to attend in-person meetings as necessary at the UCare office in Minneapolis, MN.
As the Project Manager - Data, you will be responsible for planning, tracking, and managing a data workstream within a given project. This includes, but not limited to, managing architecture, integrations, infrastructure, security, network, and other project related activities and resources in support of Data structure projects. You will coordinate and direct Project Management Office (PMO), Information Technology (IT) and business resources to meet strategic goals and objectives. You will help ensure that assigned efforts are delivered timely, effectively, efficiently and within budget. You will build relationships with key stakeholders both in and outside of UCare and you will need to possess technical writing and visual principles to combine/convert meeting discussions, white-board sessions, vendor and industry documentation, and data related artifacts into well-formed, standardized, maintainable documentation. Will support management of hiring and coordination of cross-functional resources, including third-party contractors or consultants in collaboration with functional manager(s), in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Direct and lead project resources daily to meet project goals, planning increments, deliverables, and milestones.
• Effectively develop technical documentation and visual principles to guide best practices within the project team.
• Collaborate with the Program Manager, Owners, and key stakeholders to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business and IT data management goals.
• Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Partner with project resources functional manager and HR to discuss and address performance issues.
• Collaboratively and effectively work with internal and external entities including vendors.
• Set and continually manage sprint expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Plan and schedule sprint inclusion and velocity using appropriate tools.
• Ensure project alignment and compliance with the Project Execution Process (PEP). Develop and maintain project documentation and artifacts and complete required tollgates as defined by the PEP.
• Communicate project status and barriers to Program Manager and other key stakeholders throughout the project. Complete timely and accurate project/program status reporting in ServiceNow.
• Provide recommendation and manage individual efforts utilizing multiple methodologies (i.e., Hybrid Agile, SAFe, DevOps, etc.)
• Identify, and manage risks, issues, and dependencies, through to resolution.
• Where required, negotiate with functional managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Promote empowerment and development of the team to ensure knowledge transfer and support skills are maintained.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
At least five years of Data focused Project Manager or Scrum experience. Knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle. Demonstrated track record of successful planning and managing of others without direct authority.
Experience leading complex Data Centric deliverables, Data Analysis and Enterprise Data Frameworks or Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Data Quality, Metadata and Conceptual and Logical Data Design are all desired. Experience in health care or managed care.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 11/15/2023