Description: The pay range is $53,700.00 - $96,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
Target is an iconic, beloved, and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Targets Owned Brand Sourcing & Development -
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an industry leading Owned Brand organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make, and source the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, food & beverage, or apparel & accessories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Strategy & Operations
team within OBS&D
is comprised of project managers, operations managers, and innovation strategists. An Associate Project Manager is an entry level position on the Project Management Team. Responsible for partnering with Sr./Project Mangers to drive all phases of Owned Brand product creation, from project kick off through results analysis. You will also be responsible for understanding the overall business objectives, for their respective categories, and establishing the optimal product & packaging approach to deliver on the business and guest needs.Associate Project Managers will support both Sr./Project Managers that have total ownership of departments or product categories. Support Project Plan, State-Gate Approach & End to End Timing & Action Management to support an integrated project & packaging creation process.
Project resource management activities & process
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager when establishing the optimal approach for the project, product category, and business partners to ensure efficiencies are in place and guest needs are met, including R&D and out of cycle activities for all Owned Brand categories
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager, project team & stakeholders to define project requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish the project deliverables, resource & skills needed, and timelines.
- Outlines project requirements and seeks necessary input from all functional areas.
- Ensure project aligns with master project calendar and delivers on business objectives, strategy, and project goals
- Coordinates all tasks outlined in the project plan (from Kick-off through Results Analysis)
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and in future projects by leveraging analytics, reporting, & hind-sighting to drive future State-Gate and Project Plan improvements
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager when establishing a single source of truth T&A that clearly outlines owners, actions, and timing from project activation through results analysis evaluation Partners with Sr./project Manager to track T&A activities, documents change to drive accountability & to apply learnings to future projects
Drive Owned Brand Business Results by facilitating the cross-functional Owned Brand Product & Packaging creation process, including Phase & Stage-Gate management
- Partners with key stake holders to align resources to project plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Ensures that resources & skills are appropriately aligned to meet the deliverables of the project
- Tracks resource changes, risks & applies learnings to future projects
- Unbiased, thought partner that partners with Sr./Project Manager & leads CFT members through Owned Brand product & packaging creation
- Builds relationships with all AOE's required to participate in the project
- Partner with Sr./Project Manager to assist them as the facilitator of cross-functional team meetings, phase & stage-gate meetings
Minimum Job Requirements
- Monitor's compliance of activities from Project Kick-off through Results Analysis
- Partners with Sr. /Project Manager to identify, track, & facilitate risk mitigation plans by anticipating potential roadblocks & risk before they occur, understand implications of risk, and escalate conclusions to the appropriate levels.
- Use problem solving & critical thinking skills to facilitate effective decision making within the cross-functional team
- Create State-Gate & Project Plan visibility through the use of a Project Command Center. Establish a centralized location for project teams and leaders to access information regarding the health & progress of phase and lock gates.
- In partnership with the Sr./Project Manager on post launch project evaluation for every project and use lessons learned to identify opportunities to enhance future Stage-Gate and project plans
- 1+ years of Project Management experience or experience running structured well-coordinated approaches to projects
- Written and verbal communication skills & comfortable communicating with all levels, including Sr. level leaders
- Organizational skills & attention to detail
- High sense of urgency, initiative, & proactive planning
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment and manage relationships with team and key business partners
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Respects, appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
- Understanding of product development
- Project Management Certificate, PMP Certification, or Agile training
- Mentoring or coaching of others
- Understanding of change management best practices
- Knowledge of Project Management systems & tools
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.