Risen Christ Catholic School is a bilingual, multicultural and financially accessible school of excellence, educating children in mind, body, and spirit to live and lead in the example of Jesus Christ.
Risen Christ is locally and nationally recognized as a high-performing school with a history of serving low-income students of color and achieving extraordinary outcomes. Risen Christ serves more children in poverty and more Latinos than any other Catholic school in the Archdiocese and is funded primarily through the generosity of foundations, parishes, individuals and businesses who believe that Catholic education should be accessible to all children who desire it.
We are proud to be the only Catholic School in Minnesota providing a quality dual language education to a diverse community of learners. In dual immersion, students are instructed in both Spanish and English every day.
Our students and families take pride in their education and make school a priority, with an average daily attendance rate of 93% last year and nearly 100% participation in parent/teacher conferences.
Small class sizes, academic support from Title tutors, social-emotional support from City Connects and a school social worker provide an environment in which all students thrive.
View our video (https://youtu.be/2OvX3IOClvQ), our website (www.risenchristschool.org) and strategic plan (http://risenchristschool.org/about-us/strategic-plan/) to learn more about Risen Christ Catholic School.
Risen Christ is hiring a Director of Community Engagement to promote and support the mission of Risen Christ Catholic School by engaging with community organizations/members, parishes, school families, volunteers, staff and supporters in order to build awareness of the school and achieve strategic plan objectives. This individual reports to the school President and will serve as a member of the school's Leadership Team.
- Implement a successful recruitment and marketing program to achieve enrollment, admissions, advancement and tuition goals/objectives that support the school’s dual immersion model.
- Serve as Risen Christ representative in CSCOE Admissions Squad meetings and submit annual grant request.
- Foster strong connections and partnerships with neighboring parishes, preschools and childcare facilities for the purposes of building community, recruiting new students and/or volunteers; and advancing the mission of Risen Christ.
- Attend and represent Risen Christ at events hosted throughout the community to increase public awareness and recruit prospective families.
- Create appropriate marketing materials, brochures, and other items for prospective students/families.
- Plan and manage school open houses, tours and other admissions/enrollment-related events.
- Assist in development and distribution of print publications, email blasts, direct mail pieces, and other marketing materials.
- Conduct admissions activities with prospective students that are necessary to ensure proper student placement.
- Maintain school website and social media accounts.
- Facilitate regular communication between school families and administration through school newsletter and other means.
- Coordinate annual Harvest Fair.
- Coordinate special events and religious observances, including all school Masses (scheduling of priests, assisting teachers with planning for Masses, etc.)
- Conduct surveys to better understand motivations for enrollments and withdrawals.
- Chair internal committee to recognize school staff for career milestones and major life events.
- Assist with planning and preparation for the annual Gala and 30th anniversary events with Advancement Department staff.
- Recruit, interview, screen, and place volunteers in support of student programming, advancement efforts and daily operations.
- Ensure that all volunteers comply with Archdiocesan OPCY requirements.
- Develop and/or maintain a school volunteer handbook that includes information on pertinent school philosophy, policies and practices, job descriptions and expectations for volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer orientation and/or training sessions in order to provide volunteers with the information and skills needed to perform their tasks.
- Regularly communicate pertinent school information to volunteers through email, newsletter and other methods.
- Work with school staff to identify program/support needs in order to secure volunteers with appropriate skills and/or availability.
- Recognize the efforts and achievement of volunteers through conducting appreciation events, offering personal affirmation and/or through public recognition events.
- Develop and/or maintain systems to record volunteer hours, credentials and other appropriate information accurately and comprehensively.
Safe Environment Coordinator:
- Promotes the “spirit” of the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Fosters a culture of safe environment within the school community.
- Ensures that all archdiocesan and school safe environment policies and procedures are implemented.
- Serves as main point of contact for the Archdiocesan Office for the Protection of Children and Youth.
- Coordinates and submits all site documents (annual reports, improvement plans, self-assessments, etc).
- Attends archdiocesan training as required.
- Manages/coordinates Essential 3 and Enhanced Essential 3 credentialing and ensures E3 compliance.
The responsibilities listed are representative of the job and are not all-inclusive.
- Commitment to the school’s mission as an urban Catholic school of excellence which is bilingual, multicultural and financially accessible.
- The ability to converse and write proficiently in both English and Spanish.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to plan, implement and follow through on all work assignments in an efficient and professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to offsite locations as needed.
- Proficiency with Macintosh computers, web publishing platforms, shared Google documents, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a diverse, urban setting and an understanding of educational programs.
- Proficiency with relational databases and desktop publishing software.
- Experience in enrollment management, sales, marketing, social media, and communications.
- Must be able to use a telephone, copier and computer. The ability to transport lightweight marketing materials to community events.
- Interactions with current and prospective families and other school supporters requires the ability to communicate clearly over the phone, electronically via e-mail and in person.
Submit the following materials as PDF attachments to Michael Rogers, President, at email@example.com:
- completed application for employment (PDF form)
- cover letter
- three references or letters of recommendation